Recommendation On Wireless Headphone
May 2, 2018 at 9:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

supermario91

New Head-Fier
Dear guys,

Currently i am looking for a wireless headphone with good bass but don't compromise other qualities.

Chances of using it is usually on my iPhone 6s and maybe android in future.

I saw a few models and brands.

Audio Technica ATH-WS990BT
Audio Technica ATH-WS660BT
Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC
Sony MDR-XB950N1

If you all have other recommendations do tell me or my research brands and models which are good.

Thank you!

May 2, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 8
I had audition on Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC and Sony MDR-XB950N1 before. Personally I prefer 4.50 over 950 because bass of 950 is a bit too overwhelming for me. The bass is deep and punchy. It will be a great choice if you are a bass head. I like good details and separations. I am okay with clinical or analytical sound and I think sennheiser is categorized in that regime. Hope this helps :)

May 3, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 8
I had audition on Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC and Sony MDR-XB950N1 before. Personally I prefer 4.50 over 950 because bass of 950 is a bit too overwhelming for me. The bass is deep and punchy. It will be a great choice if you are a bass head. I like good details and separations. I am okay with clinical or analytical sound and I think sennheiser is categorized in that regime. Hope this helps :)

However, will Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC will a liitle more bass than Audio Technica ATH M50X?

I want something like high-resolution quality with a little more bass than M50X

A little troublesome.

Any brands or models can recommend? :)

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #5 of 8
Dear guys,

Currently i am looking for a wireless headphone with good bass but don't compromise other qualities.

Chances of using it is usually on my iPhone 6s and maybe android in future.

I saw a few models and brands.

Audio Technica ATH-WS990BT
Audio Technica ATH-WS660BT
Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC
Sony MDR-XB950N1

If you all have other recommendations do tell me or my research brands and models which are good.

Thank you!
Ws99bt definitely has solid bass when the song calls for it. Bass doesn't bleed into the mids, the mids aren't pushed back, and the treble isn't incredibly rolled off. I consider it to be outside the box of most consumer tuned wireless headphones. It's not neutral or flat, but doesn't have a huge V shape sound where the bass and treble are elevated and exaggerated, and the mids are scooped out. I'd call it only a slight V shape. I have a like new pair for sale in the classifieds section if you're interested.

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 8
However, will Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC will a liitle more bass than Audio Technica ATH M50X?

I want something like high-resolution quality with a little more bass than M50X

A little troublesome.

Any brands or models can recommend? :)
Yes. The bass of HD 4.50BTNC is stronger as compared to M50X but it is still well controlled. The bass of M50X is not strong but somehow it is slightly bloated and bleeds towards the mid. In this regime HD 4.50BTNC does a better job IMO :)

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #7 of 8
Definitely try for HD4.50 for as long as you can, or if you buy try to get from somewhere you can return them!

I found them exceptionally uncomfortable after only an hour. SQ is only OK.
The earcup will be too small for those with big ears. I find it tight in the beginning and I stretched it using headphone stand. Now it is more comfortable for me :)

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #8 of 8
I too am looking for a pair of wireless NC phones and have purchased a pair of MDR-XB950N1B extra bass phones. They should arrive shortly so I may be able to comment on their abilities for comparison. I don't own any of the others you listed, however I can compare to other phones that I have which include 2 bass heavy cans namely Denon AH-D1100 and Ultrasone Pro 900i. I also own AKG K702 which are much more flat and analytical, good turned up high but always too lacking in bass for my taste. I feel like my aim is to get phones that are somewhere between my AH-D1100s and Pro 900i as AH-D1100 are less bassy than Pro900i yet seem better at mid and treble. Pro 900i's reach deeeeeep on Bass and are my go to phones generally though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back