Recommendation on upgrading my Grado sr325is Setup
Jun 30, 2016 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JuCaSoMu

New Head-Fier
Hello!
I'm looking to upgrade my current setup consisting of a pair of Grado sr325is (which I love to dead even though they are the shiny ones) + Aune T1. I've got it plugged to my computer and I listen mostly to Rock and Blues. I bought the Aune T1 some years after I bought the Grados and I was really impressed with the improvement. Right now I'd like to move to a better setup and get a dedicted tube headphone amp and use the DAC on the Aune T1 for the moment, since i've read that it is pretty good and more so if you do some tube rolling which I'm planning on doing soon. 

I've got a $300 budget for the tube amp and I'm looking for a good tube amp that can accentuate that Grado sound that I love. I've read for a while now and notice that many of you guys recommend the LD 1+ with upgraded tubes but I don't know if that's the best I can get, even with a bigger budget, or maybe get a LD MKII or MKIII, idk.
I'm looking at the Darkvoice 336SE as well but I don't know how they will match my headphones.

I make this thread because I live in Costa Rica and there is no way for me to  go somewhere and try some amps or something so I have to go blind on what I buy. I know this kind of recommendation threads may be tiring for you guys. I apologize in advance for my English since it's not my native language. 

On the other hand I'm also trying to get a good and cheap Phono Pre-Amp that I can plug to my turntable and future headphone amp so I can listen to my records. I've got an Audio Technica LP60. Can you recommend a preamp for this purpose?

Thanks a lot in advance!

P.S.: I want to have separate components (Amp+DAC) since I want to keep upgrading them until I get to a Grado RS1 + MAD Ear+ HD 
biggrin.gif
 (that's what I dream of, this thing can be very addictive). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back