Recommendation on Remote for Sony MZ-N505
Feb 2, 2003 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NewBee

New Head-Fier
I just bought a Sony MZ-N505. Great buy at Circuit City. With Rebate it is $100.

My first try ever in the MD world. I feel like such a virgin!!!!!

Anyway, can some recommend a remote for this unit. I have read that a good remote like the one for the N1 can be used on this unit.

Also where does the remote plug into. I am guessing next to the headphone jack since this is not documented anywhere.

Sony is still smoking some good stuff!!!

I am looking for basic controls, play, stop, skip, forward, backward.

Also is there a "coolness" factor in having a remote that has a lot of bells and whistles? Does this affect battery life? I want to use the remote primarily for control when I am commuting on trains, planes, automobiles (not while driving), and being a potato on the couch, beach, or mountain.

Finally, Do I just call Sony or should I use a internet dealer. I hate have giving any more money to Sony.

Thanks in advance

Feb 2, 2003 at 8:43 AM Post #2 of 5
I have the MC12EL for the N707...

This is the far-eastern version, which can display various character sets... and the headphone jack appears to be in a better place than on the standard remotes... being in the middle of where the stop button normally sits...

I don't know if it'd definetly work with your player, but it works on the N707, R55, and also my EJ1000
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2003 at 9:16 AM Post #3 of 5
With a little hunt around the MD Forums, I came across this thread...

I disagree with the posters views of the pull out section of the remote... its exactly the same as on the MC10 and the MC11EL... and no-one ever complains about those... but as he points out, he is considering that his is faulty...

Hope its of help
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2003 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 5
Just thought i'd point out: My friends, girlfriends and my MC11ELs (that's THREE of them) have all at one stage done the following: Skipped a track while holding down FF or RW, paused, not done anything at all. Oh, and while titling it does fun things like change character input mode (ABC to 123 to abc to japanese aiu etc..) Grrr! And I treated my 'mote fine, too!

Feb 2, 2003 at 11:48 AM Post #5 of 5
okay... maybe people do complain then
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back