Recommendation on best over ear bass headphones under $350
Sep 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mrgobz

New Head-Fier
This is my first post, so here goes: I currently own bowers & Wilkins p3's and I think they sound and look great but they don't quite have the bass I'm looking for. I also bought Scosche' rh656 mdm after reading some reviews and have been impressed with the quality especially considering they were inexpensive, but they are not over the ear that I am currently looking for. I'm seriously leaning toward purchasing v moda cross fade m100, but I would like to get some opinions from the experts out there before I make that purchase. Is there a general consensus as to the best bass over ear headphones in the price range of $350 or less? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #4 of 7
You know what... the ES10 are apprently a REALLY sick can, and even modding them apprently makes them... like sonically... makes them sound as good as an $2000 can... not sure about the details but look into a Wood Mod for the ATH es10. Or buy the es10 and well get it wood modded.... it's apprently uber epic 

Sep 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Thanks but I wouldn't know where to begin to do that and I'm sure it would jack the price.

Yea ditch this entire idea, the Es10 are like $350 new modding them would make them around like $500 or so dollars... NEXT lol

But now let's ask some helpful quetions!

Isolation, do you need or want it
Sound Signiture, bass is GOOD but what do you want in addition to that, punchy vocals, sexy vocals, sweet highs, HIGH ENERGY highs
AND BASS, do you understand texture'd bass, do you want textured bass, in addition looking for LOW SUB THUNDER, or Punchy MID SLAM

Lastly, I started out as a BASS HEAD, sony XB 700 driven with the Fiio E11 on it's MAXIMUM Bass Boost, and that was STILL not enough Sub Bass for me, I eventually learned what I wanted was quality and texture over SHEER BRUTE FORCE BASS, so that being said. What do you not like about your Bose other than "not loud enough" 

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #7 of 7
I'm looking for more bass without ruining the overall sound and I want to feel like I'm immersed in the music and not just hear it in my ears. By no means am I an audiophile, but the reason I'm leaning toward the v moda m100's is due to the sheer number of positive reviews for the amount of bass and overall sound quality, not to mention the durability. No, I don't just want brute force bass, so quality is important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back