Recommendation needed: Mp3 player for jogging
Feb 10, 2004 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

strid3r

500+ Head-Fier
Exactly what the title says, I need a mp3 player for running and maybe for the gym. I'm not too familiar with the flash-based players, so I thought I could get some information here. My pockets aren't that deep, so cheaper is better. Suggestions for earbuds for jogging would be good too. Thanks in advance.

Feb 10, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 10
Cheap earbuds: Sennheiser MX300/400/500

How much memory do you need for the mp3 player? That's probably the main factor.

Feb 10, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #3 of 10
I got an iRiver IFP-390T for Christmas, has 256meg flash memory. I use it for ice skating, and I do jumps and spins (and some falls, LOL), so it's getting plenty of movement and jarring, and it's been doing great. It comes with an armband, and it's so light that I barely notice it's there. And it's got great features and the music sounds wonderful. And the controls are easy to use, even through a shirtsleeve...
The stock earbuds are OK, but I've ordered new Sony canalphones since I need to drown out the rink's PA system that plays bad music. The stock ones would probably be fine for jogging, as you don't want total isolation (car horns anyone?), and they do fit in fine (they didn't fall out even in spins). But other people can make additional suggestions for better quality phones.
At any rate, for an athletic use, I highly recommend the iRiver IFP-390T...
Only thing is that it's about $160-200...

Feb 10, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #6 of 10
A Muvo NX would also suite your needs. Get more information here:

CREATIVE LABS MUVO NX

wink.gif

Feb 10, 2004 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by strid3r
Exactly what the title says, I need a mp3 player for running and maybe for the gym. I'm not too familiar with the flash-based players, so I thought I could get some information here. My pockets aren't that deep, so cheaper is better. Suggestions for earbuds for jogging would be good too. Thanks in advance.

PC Magazine did a nice review of MP3 players in their October, 2003 issue, you can read the article here:

PC Magazine MP3 Players Reviewed

Feb 10, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by strid3r

PC Magazine did a nice review of MP3 players in their October, 2003 issue, you can read the article here:

PC Magazine: MP3 Players Reviewed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back