Recommendation needed: Light weight full size closed HPs
Sep 29, 2017 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jayzz

100+ Head-Fier
Head-Fiers out there,
I'm looking for a recommendation based on your experience. I'm experiencing ringing in my ears (Tinnitus) and it flares up or gets worse when I use my IEMs. Regardless of Adel or not, regardless of lower volumes or not, it flares up. Even on On-ears it almost does the same.

Luckily when I'm using my HD650 it's not getting affected and stays at the same level. In light of this I'm looking for a full sized closed set of headphones which I'm hoping will be ok for my ears. I also cannot withstand heavier headphones because of neck issues too, duh!

Could you recommed a full sized close HPs that are light weight as well (< 400gms preferred)? Thanks!
As far as sound signature I'm happy with neutral with bass slightly north and budget around $400 to $600 USD. Thanks in advance for your response.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 4
In my experience, the Shure SRH1540 are very comfortable headphones and they have a similar sound signature to the HD650. They are soft on the treble and warm sounding overall. Also the weight is very good at just 286g. They are also right in the middle of your price range, so I'd recommend giving them a go.

Sep 30, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back