Recommendation Needed for Daily Work Headphones And Gaming
Jul 23, 2020 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Skippman

New Head-Fier
Until this point I have been using a set of HyperX Cloud Revolver headphones for my gaming needs, and a set of Logitech H800 Bluetooth wireless headphones for my office needs.

My Cloud Revolvers have been pressed into service as my daily work headphones for conference calls and many on the calls are reporting noise from a "booming" sound to just plain static that would indicate the wires are breaking down and possibly shorting out. Now that I have transitioned to working from home full time I would really prefer to have one set of quality headphones to replace both of these.

Originally I was looking at the Sennheiser MB 660 MS's. I love that you can select between Bluetooth for my work cellphone as well as a dongle for my desktop PC for gaming. This has been very useful with my Logitech H800's at work. These seem to be designed primarily for office use however and I worry that the audio quality will not live up to my expectations.

I have been considering dropping a pre-order for the Drop Panda's as I'm a lifetime Oppo and KEF fan, but I do not like the lack of ability to switch between Bluetooth and a dongle.

Does anyone make a quality headset that allows the user to cycle between Bluetooth and a dongle? Are there any that feature surround sound for the purposes of PC gaming? I'm open to any recommendations.

Thanks!

Jul 24, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #2 of 4
The "switch between Bluetooth and wired" thing really limits your options I think.

Other than the Sennheisers you mentioned the only others I'm aware of without researching would be the HiFiMan Deva.

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 4
What I really need is a headset that allows me to switch between either a wireless dongle and bluetooth, or switch between two bluetooth sources without having to re-pair it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back