recommendation: lg g6 non quad dac/1more triple driver
Feb 2, 2019 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

954kevin

New Head-Fier
hi! ive got a pretty simple question, one im sure has been asked many times in variation, but here goes:

i use the lg g6 non quad dac us version. i did some research in my quest to improve my listening and purchased a set of the 1more triple drivers. i dunno if it was the best choice, but the research got tiring. plenty of recommendations for the triples, but i started to get overwhelmed with the choices and bought the triple drivers. 50$ new other, factory sealed, in distressed packaging. yet to arrive.

here is my query: should i buy a portable amp/dac unit like the fiio btr3? will it allow me to better realise the full potential of my iem purchase vs just running them through the phone's 3.5? i cant really find specs on the phones audio capability other than 32-bit/192kHz audio.

ive been using a 10$ set of iems that dont get very loud through the phone.

sound quality is my priority, but id like to have more volume. im not sure if the phone will have trouble pushing the 1more iems or if to really hear them at their best a little dac/amp like the btr3 is essential.

im open to suggestions. i can get the btr3 for 59$. i dont really have 200$ to spend on one, but if there is a better option than the btr3 that is in that price range im happy to hear about it. if i would even benefit.

how much improvement could i expect assuming there would be one using a portable solution?

ill mention i use the phone on my daily run to listen to tunes, so im trying to keep the form factor small. the bluetooth seems like it could free up some cable congestion.

i did see a reviewer on youtube mention a little mpow unit that similar, but only 30$

i just dont know how to gauge which of these portable dac/amp unit would give the best performance.

i could really use some sound advice( :) ) and its be helpful if you could explain why too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back