Recommendation headphone +-150 euro
Apr 17, 2016 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lazzari

New Head-Fier
Hello

I'm looking for a headphone around 150 euros.
I'm now doubting between the beyerdynamic dt 770 32 ohm and 80 ohm and the sennheiser HD 558. Without amp now, but maybe later. I'll use them mainly for music. I mostly listen to hip-hop/rap.

Thanks Lucas

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #2 of 5
You have one open and one closed can there. Do you know if you prefer open or closed? Open leak sound both ways but have a better soundstage generally. Closed leak much less sound and often have better bass. Normally, we make recommendations based on a person's preference for one over the other. I would say that, given your musical preferences, you may prefer closed. Is that true?

Apr 17, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 5
I only had closed, never had an open. I like a big sound stage but a great bass is also very important for me. Is the difference between the soundstage or the bass bigger. And should i go to a shop to see if i prefer closed or open?

Apr 17, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 5
I only had closed, never had an open. I like a big sound stage but a great bass is also very important for me. Is the difference between the soundstage or the bass bigger. And should i go to a shop to see if i prefer closed or open?

I think going to a shop and trying out some open cans would be an awesome idea. One in your price range that you might look at is the Sennheiser HD598. Another open one to look at is the Philips Fidelio X1--it has more bass.  I'll be interested to know if the HD598 has enough bass for you. A very good closed can in your price range is the SoundMAGIC HP150--has very good bass and a quite good soundstage for closed. Lastly, the Takstar Pro 80 is quite good for the price--it is also closed.

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 5
This saterday i'll go to a shop, thanks for the recommandations. i'll go try out the soundmagic, sennheiser and the beyerdynamic, sadly the philips and the takstar are not available in my country, also gonna listen to PSB M4U2/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back