Recommendation for upgrade from hd598cs
May 18, 2018 at 9:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

srREXed

New Head-Fier
hey all. I’ve been a long time lurker and have been reading a whole lot while listening to my hd598cs. Using CEntrance BlueDAC, FiiO Q5 and a few different sources. All in all, my experience with the 598s have been good. But I want to step it up a bit. I have been using a balanced connection with the 598s and I’ve also messed a tiny bit with in line ifi audio iematch. Im just trying to take a step up now. I’d like to get another set that improve my experience a bit. The 598s sound good. For the movies and tv I listen to, to the classic rock, some late 90s hip hop and early 2000s rock and metal. I’d like to get in the right direction. I need to maintain the use of balanced connections, as well, need to keep a closed back over ear set of cans and I’d like to keep the price below $300. Do you have any recommendations as to what I should take a listen to? I don’t want to just buy something before I get to demo them. And of course, if the start align and I end up buying something and not liking them, always being able to return them would be good. Please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 6
I’ll be sure to take a listen, thanks. Unfortunately I can’t spend more than 300$ so hopefully I don’t like them enough to break my deal with the wife. Lol

Any others you could say would meet everything INCLUDING my price?

May 18, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 6
May 18, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 6
May 18, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #6 of 6
They sound good, but get the Premium and not Pro version, as the premium headband is more comfortable. Guitar Center might have them for demo, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back