Recommendation for True Wireless Earphone (Cambridge Audio Melomania 1, Klipsch T5 True Wireless?)
Sep 26, 2019 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lsc04361

New Head-Fier
Hi, Need some advice here. I'm currently shortlisted the following and not sure which is better, please help to take a look:

Cambridge Audio Melomania 1
Klipsch T5 True Wireless
Libratone Track Air+
Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless

p.s. Sound quality is the most important factor to me.

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 13
I have the Cleer Ally and I absolutely am happy with it's performance. 20190703_193816.jpg

Oct 12, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #3 of 13
The Cambridge Audio Melomania are excellent. The hype surrounding them is deserved. In my view, they are audiophile-caliber earbuds. I also have the Sony WF-1000XM3 (because I want active noise cancelling for flights), and I definitely prefer the sound of the Melomania, despite that the Sonys are very highly regarded for sound quality. The CAs are just more energetic, spacious, and musical. I frankly go back and forth on whether I like the Melomanias or my Sennhiser IE800 better. The Melomania definitely have better isolation, and I think have more impactful bass. And the CAs are a tad smoother in the high frequencies, which is important to me. I'm like you—sound quality is most important to me in wireless IEMs, and I would be willing to pay more for good sound quality. But I don't think you need to pay more because the CAs are just that good sounding.

Oct 12, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 13
I have the CA Melomania 1's myself. I love them for the design, fit, sound quality, and battery life. I recently had a problem with my Melomania 1's and I had to deal with their customer service. I can say without a doubt it was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had . Their product is quality and they stand behind it. I'm so happy I chose these earbuds.

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 13
I agree with everything you said. I also had an issue—one of the foam tips tore when I was taking it off (they are very gummy and easy to tear). I contacted CA's customer service and they responded right away with a message that they were sending me four new ones.

The battery life on the CAs is incredible. I've never drained them despite pretty heavy usage.

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #6 of 13
I have the CA and there's a lot to like about them (e.g. battery life, call quality, sound when fit is right). I've read some reviews about the fit being tricky and I can attest to that. I can't seem to get it right. Even bought the SpinFit 155s medium size. If I push the tips so that they're more angled towards the back of my head, it's comes alive with the bass. Problem is that I can't get it to stay there. I'm not an audiophile by any means.

I tore the foam as well and emailed support asking about aftermarket replacement tips and haven't heard back for weeks.

I really wish they fit better because they're amazing but I'll be on the hunt for something else now. Would be open for recommendations as well.

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #7 of 13
I agree the fit for the Melomanias is tricky, and it's the biggest problem with these earbuds. What I found is that the fit was different in each of my ears. I guess my ear canals are slightly different sizes (maybe that's common, maybe not, I dunno). I never noticed anything til I tried the Melomanias. What finally worked for me is I just found the proper fitting tip for each ear, and didn't worry about matching the,. So I actually use a large silicone tip no one side and the foam tip on the other. That works well for me, but yeah, in future iterations I think CA needs to figure out the fit piece. I read a review in which the reviewer said these are the most sensitive earbuds he's ever had with regard to fit/angle/seal. I agree, although I've had some others that are pretty sensitive to seal/angle, too.

Oct 13, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #8 of 13
I've tried different sizes and different types but haven't mixed and matched. Issue has been getting the seal correctly in both ears for me. I think I have a longer ear canal that doesn't allow a good deal with the size of the buds unfortunately.

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #9 of 13
Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 wireless earbuds can simply blow you away, with a sound performance to rival even the best over-ear headphones and it's long battery life for 9 hours, with a further 36 hours of juice contained within their charging case.
they’re a fantastic option for anyone who wants audiophile sound quality without the wires.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #11 of 13
I have to somewhat redact my previous statement. After 9 days with the Comply tips, they're already worn and now experiencing call and other issues (people I'm talking to getting reverb or a lot of background noise). The foam tips are even starting to bug me. Wish there was a good silicone option to fit these. I'm outside the return window now with Amazon so will keep these but looking for alternatives.

Jun 4, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #12 of 13
I have the CA Melomania 1's myself. I love them for the design, fit, sound quality, and battery life. I recently had a problem with my Melomania 1's and I had to deal with their customer service. I can say without a doubt it was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had . Their product is quality and they stand behind it. I'm so happy I chose these earbuds.
One of mine wound up on the floor and got Rottweillered. Ordered a new pair for $50. Few days later they showed up. That is what I would call a liberal replacement policy. Charging case goes bad? $50. So they look a little funky, I find them excellent. No USB-C though. Annoying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back