1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Recommendation for True Wireless Earphone (Cambridge Audio Melomania 1, Klipsch T5 True Wireless?)

1. lsc04361
    Hi, Need some advice here. I'm currently shortlisted the following and not sure which is better, please help to take a look:

Cambridge Audio Melomania 1
    Klipsch T5 True Wireless
    Libratone Track Air+
    Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless

p.s. Sound quality is the most important factor to me.

Elfyn likes this.
  2. Wretched Stare
    I have the Cleer Ally and I absolutely am happy with it's performance. 20190703_193816.jpg

3. Cheesedoodle
    The Cambridge Audio Melomania are excellent. The hype surrounding them is deserved. In my view, they are audiophile-caliber earbuds. I also have the Sony WF-1000XM3 (because I want active noise cancelling for flights), and I definitely prefer the sound of the Melomania, despite that the Sonys are very highly regarded for sound quality. The CAs are just more energetic, spacious, and musical. I frankly go back and forth on whether I like the Melomanias or my Sennhiser IE800 better. The Melomania definitely have better isolation, and I think have more impactful bass. And the CAs are a tad smoother in the high frequencies, which is important to me. I'm like you—sound quality is most important to me in wireless IEMs, and I would be willing to pay more for good sound quality. But I don't think you need to pay more because the CAs are just that good sounding.

Elfyn likes this.
  4. Elfyn
    I have the CA Melomania 1's myself. I love them for the design, fit, sound quality, and battery life. I recently had a problem with my Melomania 1's and I had to deal with their customer service. I can say without a doubt it was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had . Their product is quality and they stand behind it. I'm so happy I chose these earbuds.

5. Cheesedoodle
    I agree with everything you said. I also had an issue—one of the foam tips tore when I was taking it off (they are very gummy and easy to tear). I contacted CA's customer service and they responded right away with a message that they were sending me four new ones.

The battery life on the CAs is incredible. I've never drained them despite pretty heavy usage.

Elfyn likes this.
  6. Timastyle
    I have the CA and there's a lot to like about them (e.g. battery life, call quality, sound when fit is right). I've read some reviews about the fit being tricky and I can attest to that. I can't seem to get it right. Even bought the SpinFit 155s medium size. If I push the tips so that they're more angled towards the back of my head, it's comes alive with the bass. Problem is that I can't get it to stay there. I'm not an audiophile by any means.

I tore the foam as well and emailed support asking about aftermarket replacement tips and haven't heard back for weeks.

I really wish they fit better because they're amazing but I'll be on the hunt for something else now. Would be open for recommendations as well.

7. Cheesedoodle
    I agree the fit for the Melomanias is tricky, and it's the biggest problem with these earbuds. What I found is that the fit was different in each of my ears. I guess my ear canals are slightly different sizes (maybe that's common, maybe not, I dunno). I never noticed anything til I tried the Melomanias. What finally worked for me is I just found the proper fitting tip for each ear, and didn't worry about matching the,. So I actually use a large silicone tip no one side and the foam tip on the other. That works well for me, but yeah, in future iterations I think CA needs to figure out the fit piece. I read a review in which the reviewer said these are the most sensitive earbuds he's ever had with regard to fit/angle/seal. I agree, although I've had some others that are pretty sensitive to seal/angle, too.

8. Timastyle
    I've tried different sizes and different types but haven't mixed and matched. Issue has been getting the seal correctly in both ears for me. I think I have a longer ear canal that doesn't allow a good deal with the size of the buds unfortunately.

9. Asim lau
    Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 wireless earbuds can simply blow you away, with a sound performance to rival even the best over-ear headphones and it's long battery life for 9 hours, with a further 36 hours of juice contained within their charging case.
    they’re a fantastic option for anyone who wants audiophile sound quality without the wires.

Cheesedoodle likes this.
  10. Timastyle
    I finally found the right tips. Bought the Comply noise isolation tips that is mentioned on CA's FAQ page and everything has been great so far. The lows are there and I'm a happy camper!

Cheesedoodle likes this.