Recommendation for some new headphones required
May 6, 2010 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

d.g

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all

Looking for a new set of in ear headphones for my girlfriend. She currently uses a set of JVC iem's which have broken, these will be used with a latest gen ipod classic and she listens to a very varied selection with a lot of rock, things like the Foo fighters...

Sound quality is important but also is comfort and price, we looked at the Sennheiser CX500 but having owned the CX300 I recall them being very shut in sounding and suffered with bad microphony too, I dont use iem type phones and as such need some ideas if you have any!

I can spend upto £50 / $75ish and whilst I realise we wont get amazing performance I would like to avoid some of the rubbish out there.

May 6, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #2 of 9
personally i alwasy liked the sennheisers for that price range 

i am looking at buying some in ear phones for around that price, as a back up, or when im at work after hours doign stock checks and that. 

im looking at the Sennheiser CX 550 Style II In-Ear Headphones

49.99 on play.com , look promising, though i havnt heard them yet 

May 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #3 of 9
I did look at those James but as I mentioned my experience with Sennheiser IEMs left me a bit disappointed!

Would hate to spend £50 for them to be no better than the JVC ones she had.

May 6, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #4 of 9
wish there was a big stockist in the UK to try out headphones (apart from the obvious chains who only seem to have bose or beats) 
im having enough trouble finding a place to look at portable amps. 

May 6, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
wish there was a big stockist in the UK to try out headphones (apart from the obvious chains who only seem to have bose or beats) 
im having enough trouble finding a place to look at portable amps. 

Have PM'd you about the amp.

Yes its hard to try out phones, I guess when considering small value it is not much of an issue though.

May 6, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #6 of 9
What are her music preferences? I think either of the Thinksounds would be great(they look very nice too), The Thinksound Thunder (Now known as TS01) has more bass, while the Rain is more balanced.

May 6, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
What are her music preferences? I think either of the Thinksounds would be great(they look very nice too), The Thinksound Thunder (Now known as TS01) has more bass, while the Rain is more balanced.

I mentioned in the first post, her collection is varied but perhaps rock orientated, good all rounders will be ideal I think.

Not heard of the Thinksound, will see if they are available in the U.K!

May 6, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #8 of 9
Sets to consider:
Maximo iM-590 (a bit microphonic)
Meelectronics M6 (over-the-ear style)
ViSang R02/R03
RadioPaq Jazz (a bit large)

May 6, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #9 of 9
Philips SHE9850, Crysen C750, JVC FX300, Sony EX500, Denon C551 and Sennheiser CX95........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back