Recommendation for replacing/upgrading old Shure E2c
Sep 21, 2009 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sylanel

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
I'm new at posting here, but not so new at reading on this forum. My good old Shure E2c's are dying on me as the cable near one of the earbud is tearing itself apart for no reasons as I am taking extra special care of my earphones.

This lead me to start looking around to replace and maybe upgrade my earphones. I listen mostly to either progressive (rock, metal, symphonic metal, etc.) and instrumental music with some electronic or trance here and there. I love music in general (with the only exception of western). I would like to try and limit my budget to $150.

I really enjoy good sound quality and I need good sound isolation and comfort as I wear my earbuds every day. Having microphone option is a great bonus since my iPhone has become my main portable player as well as my phone for work...

I was offered a deal at home (Canada) for Shure SCL3 at $108. But I was also looking curiously at the Klipsch S4i. I also did think about something like v-moda at first. I could definitely use some help from all of you guys here to help me look in the right direction.

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #2 of 6
I would try Head-Direct RE0. It cost 99 plus 5 dollars shipping. There is a lot of great reviews on it. I have one coming. If you need a mic try NuForce NE-7M. I used to own an E2c and now I am using the NE-7M for a while now and I like it better than the E2c.

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 6
the NE-7m is good pair at a decent price. I have it and use it for my fuze and it's been great. RE0 would be around 120 Canadian. I am currently waiting for my pair to arrive, but they don't have a mic.

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the information so far guys, I started reading more articles and review from the forums here on the suggested models.

I would still be curious to know if Shure SCL3 and Klipsch S4i are considered decent earphones and how they would compare in terms of sound quality. Anyone has reviewed those yet around here?

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylanel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the information so far guys, I started reading more articles and review from the forums here on the suggested models.

I would still be curious to know if Shure SCL3 and Klipsch S4i are considered decent earphones and how they would compare in terms of sound quality. Anyone has reviewed those yet around here?

Mid-range shures are often considered underwhelming here due to rolled-off highs and somewhat boomy bass. I also had comfort issues with the several models I've tried. The initial reaction to the Klipschs has been very positive though.

Sep 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #6 of 6
You might like the Klipsch S4i from what I've read they're pretty good and fully compatible with your iphone. Another option would be the ADDIEMs the apple in ear iem, they can be found pretty cheap off ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back