Recommendation for new IEM's to replace SM3
Jul 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Escape Your Mind

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some recommendations on getting a new pair of IEMs to replace my EarSonics SM3 v1.

Price range: $250-500.  I'd prefer around $250-300, but I'd be willing to go up to $500 if there is an IEM that is head and shoulders above the rest.

Music: Pop, Rock, Trance, Prog Metal primarily.  Occasionally classical and acoustic.

Source: Phone/tablet, no amp; so low impedance is important.

Optional features:  A removable/replaceable cable would be great.  I always have problems with the thin IEM cables breaking.

For the most part I liked the way my SM3's sounded, however after a recent listen I felt they were a bit muddy in the upper range.  However, I also feel like I want more bass in an IEM.  My home rig consists of the Sennheiser HD600, and Grado RS-1.  I really like both of them for different music, however I generally use the HD600's as I find they are better for a larger variety of music.  Since I am fond of the Sennheiser sound and looking for more bass I have had my eye on the IE80's, but I'm not sure how they would compare to the IE60's or other IEM's in that price range.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back