Recommendation for Laptop/Portable Rig Bag?
Oct 21, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #61 of 64
+1 for the Crumpler suggestion. I love crumpler bags. I have one of their messengers and a camera bag. Both have seen constant abuse for 3+ years and have not shown any signs of wear. Plus they are waterproof.

One time I left my messenger bag under a lifeguard tower on the beach while I went swimming. It returned 1/2 hour later to find it literally sitting in a pool of water. It had been raining and the sand formed a bowl around my bag where all the water collected. I picked up my bag, brushed off the sand, and walked to the car. There I inspected the contents of the bag to find that the inside linings were COMPLETELY DRY! I've also been caught in sudden tropical downpours with my laptop in the bag and it has kept everything dry. Get a Crumpler, you will not be disappointed.

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #62 of 64
Here is the best selection of bags your gonna find. Good Luck!!!
http://www.ebags.com/messenger_bags/...81&seeall=true

Over 150 laptop messenger bags to choose from.... sigh....
smily_headphones1.gif

Do!

Oct 22, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #63 of 64
I like the Crumpler bags. For those that recommended them can you tell me what bag you have, what you generally carry in it, and how comfortable it is with a moderate load.

Thanks!

Oct 22, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #64 of 64
I must add another recommendation for the Waterfield Designs Cargo bag.

I've been using it for a year and a half, literally beating it up. I take metro everywhere in a very dirty city and use it for school and work. It seriously looks like it is one day old. Nothing is broken, the material made is rough on the outside to resist abrasions and very thick, it doesn't look like it would ever wear through.

I take my 15" Macbook Pro, an iPod, 2 textbooks, a notepad, my IEMs, lunch or dinner, and an extra t-shirt with me in this bag often, and it does not weigh me down. I've even used it as a weekend travel bag with a change of clothes and all of my work in one carry-on. It is accomodating for large loads like I describe, but also appears very slim and even lighter if all you need to bring are a couple smaller items.

Oh, the little gear pouch you get is really cool too, you can stuff a lot of little cords or devices in there. an iPod FW power adaptor, camera battery charger, couple random cords, no sweat. And it's built just as nicely as the rest of the bag!

Can't say enough good things about it. It looks very professional, which is my main regret about getting it because I don't seem to dress accordingly most of the time
smily_headphones1.gif
but it is certainly money well spent.

I like bags though, so I am going to buy another bag soon. I have a friend who has an Acme Clyde messenger bag, and it is also a very nice bag for a little less money than the Waterfield messenger that I have. I think I'm going to pick one of those up. It's just a different design. Functionally there aren't a whole lot of differences, except that the build quality on the WF bag is different.

Make sure you get the paraglider buckle on the Combo bag btw, the airline one from what I've read is really easy to accidentally open, leaving your flap swinging around everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back