Recommendation for headphones!
Oct 8, 2008 at 10:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

blackcatz

Head-Fier
Hi guys, im choosing a pair of headphones.
I so far heard the HD 650's and all the high end grados like gs-1000 and rs-1 etc.. and i still love the hd 650's sound!
I also don't like ms-2, akg701, ed9, stax. Any other recommendations before i pull the trigger?

I listen to retro and classical. Thanks!

Oct 8, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Howd do you think the W5000 would sound? Amps are definitely tube but which im still deciding. Either Firestone Little Country or Darkvoice!

Well, I have not used the W5000, but I'm sure it would sound great to me. But there's no telling if you would prefer it to the HD650. With either of those amps, I'm guessing that I would prefer the W5000. My opinion of the HD650 is it needs to be driven very well to get it up to speed. And based on what I've read, it should be re-cabled and sounds best in a balanced set-up. I don't know much about the W5000, but I'm guessing it sounds like a dream.

If you're settled on either of those two amps, then I suggest starting a poll thread titled something like, "W5000 or HD650?" And state that you will be using one of those amps but you're not yet sure which one.

Synergy between headphones and equipment is important. So I would want to pick the headphones and then match a source and amp to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back