Recommendation for Harmon Tuned Over Ear/Closed back
Oct 4, 2023 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

trivium911

500+ Head-Fier
What would you guys recommend for over ear and closed back that are under $500? I hate bloated bass, right now I really like the tuning of the NAD HP50 (they work really well for classical music) but the comfort is pretty bad. I really like an airy treble also, though nothing piercing. I have a pair of 400i's that im rather fond of, I don't find these piercing, though of course im looking for a pair of closed back now. Im currently looking at the AKG371's though im just not sure as they heard they have a poor soundstage.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #2 of 3
We have an AKG K371 wired and it's like a closed back HE400SE but the soundstage isn't big since it's a compact closed design. The Beyerdynamic MMX300 Gen2 has that tuning and bigger soundstage if the pads are new.
The Truthear Zero Blue has Harman tuning which is really good, and closed back privacy. If you want a big soundstage in a closed back, the MMX300 Gen2 is the best compromise.

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #3 of 3
We have an AKG K371 wired and it's like a closed back HE400SE but the soundstage isn't big since it's a compact closed design. The Beyerdynamic MMX300 Gen2 has that tuning and bigger soundstage if the pads are new.
The Truthear Zero Blue has Harman tuning which is really good, and closed back privacy. If you want a big soundstage in a closed back, the MMX300 Gen2 is the best compromise.
The Truthear Zero Blue is an IEM no? Also the MMX300 only comes with a mic it looks like, is that a gaming headset? I've always wanted to hear the 770 Pro, they look really comfortable though the graph makes them look like treble monsters. One thing I really dont care for is a mid bass boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back