Recommendation for hard hitting headphones in the $200 price range
Dec 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SupaHughman

New Head-Fier
So I've been a really huge dunce recently and dropped weights onto the chord of my ATH-M50's and they are ****ed beyond belief. Hence, I am looking for a new pair of headphones in the same region of pricing. If in the end the ATH-M50's still deliver what I want the best I will probably end up buying them again.

Preferably I'm looking for a pair of headphones that will deliver a sound for that of very heavy and hard hitting music. The problem is, I haven't been interested in audio for a long enough time to know if I'm a bass head. My ignorance tells me that when I do turn the bass up I do enjoy the sound of my music more, it feels as if it gives what I listen to (metal/death metal) way more power. 

- Detachable cable would be nice (so if I lose my brain again I'm not down another $200)
- High quality build, relative to the price
- A problem I had with the ATH-M50's and the sort of synthetic leather foam on them is that over time my glasses actually imprinted into them. This wasn't a comfortability issue but the pads are a little bit wacky now
- I have quite a large head but the M50's did fit in regards to the strap. However, over time I felt that my ears would touch the speakers
- I do want headphones that will basically completely cover my ears, there's nothing worse than feeling as if I have headphones that don't fit properly

I know I'm very vague in a sense, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 2
I love my m - audio q40's. At $110 plus $20 velour pads they are really comfortable and have a nice strong bass. They have a bit to much clamping force but with time they will loosen up. You should definitely check them out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back