Recommendation for good pair of Over-The-Ear headphones with Noise Isolation and minimal sound leakage
Jan 22, 2014 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Smiller4128

New Head-Fier
Hello

I'm really looking for as much help as I can get. I'm looking to get a good pair of Over-the-ear headphones for use while I'm at school and work. Something I can wear and enjoy my music while I work on various projects and not be disturbed by others around me and also not bother others with my music. My budget is roughly $300 and I've already considered some pairs. I've looked at the Beats Studio because they get advertised like crazy but from what I've seen/read they don't have good sound for the price. I like the looks of the Skullcandy Crushers as well, but again even for $100 I hear they aren't that great. I've looked at the Vmoda M100's and they look good and get good reviews but I have seen any info about sound isolation or sound leakage on them. I've also seen the Beyerdynamic Custom one Pros which look excellent especially when it comes to customizing the sound, has anyone tried these? Any helpful opinions, info, and recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #3 of 5
Love to help but need some additional info:
1. Types of music you listen to
2. Sound preferences ie. Do you like a lot of bass? Can you handle sibilance? 
3. Do you mind having to use an amp either desktop or portable?
4. Do you listen to high quality music files ie. FLAC or low bitrate mp3's or streaming? 
5. Do you have a DAC?

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #4 of 5
Ok, I'll try to answer these as best as possible.

1. I listen to mostly rock and country, but also listen to some jazz here and there.
2. I like a nice amount of Bass but not a lot of it. As far as sibilance goes, I'm afraid i'm not familiar with the term.
3. I would rather not have an amp if I can help it as these will primarily be for when I go to school or work
4. I only listen to iTunes and whats on my iPhone
5. not familiar with the term "DAC"

As you can tell by my responses, I'm far from any sort of audiophile. I just want a nice, simple pair of headphones that will sound good for when I want to listen to music at school or work. No extras like mini amps or anything like that, just plug-In-and-enjoy. I don't mind dropping good money on headphones so long as they are a nice, durable, and enjoyable pair.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #5 of 5
Hi,

You should consider Yamaha HPH-Pro 500.
SoundMagic HP-100 and Shure SRH-840 are also great choices!

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back