Recommendation for good mp3 player plz ><
Jun 7, 2007 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Deathsycthehe11

New Head-Fier
Well before I have asked for a nice heaphone from you guys and gave me a good option of Creative EP-630. It was nice choice just didnt like the lowered volume. Now I want to ask for a good mp3 player. Heres the one I currently use: Zen Nano. The zen nano was a great player but its dying on me, its been a year. The buttons sometimes doesnt work and get stuck and 1gb just isnt enough anymore. Plus the triple A battery replacement cost a hectic. So I need a recommendation on a around 4gb flash drive mp3 player that is kind of small. So far I have been looking at the ipod nano, samsung k3, and zen v. Ipod nano seems like a great choice but I like to look at other things beside ipods. Samsung k3 is a great sleek mp3 player, but right now the only thing I hate is the music fades into the next and theres no option to take that off. Zen V I havnt payed much attention to, but heard it has great features. So if guys would recommend me a mp3 player, it would be great. Doesnt have to be those 3, could be others and would like a little review on them.

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 21
My recommendation is to go with the iPod nano:
-gapless with MP3 and AAC (Try to find another DAP that can do gapless MP3)
-unicode
-itunes
-great battery life
-Gazillion of accessories available

If you want a UMS DAP, and don't need gapless, then check out Cowon D2. It has SD slot.

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #4 of 21
can you give us a price range, what's most important to you in a DAP, and what features you'd like? that would be incredibly helpful. as of right now, just about any DAP would suit your needs.

Jun 7, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #5 of 21
Well my price range is around $150. The DAP got to be small or thin where it is easily put into my pants pockets. Well the only feature I really need is music playback. Any other features is a plus. I would prefer sleekness like the ipod nano and samsung k3. (link for those who dont know what it is.) The only thing keeping me back from buying the samsung k3 is that its fades into the next song which I dont like and there is no option. Im waiting for a new firmware that can fix that. So if you guys can somehow convince me which one is better or convince me to look into another mp3 it would be great.

Jun 7, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #6 of 21
Have you seen the Samsung T9? It's better looking and sleeker in person than it is on Internet photos ... should be easier to operate than the great-looking K3.

I'm pleased with the pocket-friendly, easy-to-operate iPod Nano 4GB (although only the 2GB is in your stated price range), and the Meizu looks like a possibility, too.

For both the Samsungs and iPods, check out the factory refurbs on their Web sites -- some good values there on the T9, for example.

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-gapless with MP3 and AAC (Try to find another DAP that can do gapless MP3)

TrekStor vibez plays mp3 gapless. The only caveate here is, I've only seen it work perfectly consistently when ripping from the source CD straight to LAME mp3. Whenever I try converting from FLAC or WAV to mp3, I get very faint but noticable tic, kinda like what you'd hear on an LP.

But you knew that already, right?
wink.gif

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #10 of 21
Meizu M6, cheap and great SQ. Good screen size and feature set too. One of my friends have the T9, it also has great SQ and is smaller overall. It all depends on which one you like better. Both are great DAPs.

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #13 of 21
The Samsung T9 are great media player because it does playes videos , FM radio, pictures, flash games ect. It's sound qualtiy are realy amazing and if you listen mids forward music then you will love it(best match with Shure IEMs and T9 shows rich details in mids).

Jun 8, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #14 of 21
the Meizu is the best price performance player,

150 bucks will get you the 4 or 8gb M6, dependning where you look
150 bucks will get you a 2gb nano,
the meizu has superior sound quality, its UMS and you can use MTP or drag and drop to manage your music, it has better battery life and uses normal $3-$5 miniusb cables that are common,

i would go for the meizu for 150 bucks, without thinking twice about it,
the only thing i could think about agaist the meizu is that some people say it dosnt react nicly to an external amp

Jun 8, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #15 of 21
Yeah, all-in-all the two best flash players are the Meizu M6 (nonexpandable) and Cowon D2 (expandable).

The M6 fits perfectly in your budget and blows the rest of the competition away in its price bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back