Recommendation for DAC
Sep 2, 2013 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RaccoonMan

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi users! As a new user I would just like to say this is a lovely forum and I have found lots of helpful information here so thank you! I have a fairly basic question but would like some second opinions. I currently have Beyer DT770 250 ohmn headphones being amped by an O2 I built. While the O2 greatly improved sound quality, I was looking for a DAC to further improve. Of the DACs under $50, my candidates are the Stoner Acoustics UD100, HifiMeDiy Sabre, and the Behringer UCA202. For the price range, what would be my best option? Thanks! 

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Hello Head-Fi users! As a new user I would just like to say this is a lovely forum and I have found lots of helpful information here so thank you! I have a fairly basic question but would like some second opinions. I currently have Beyer DT770 250-Ohm headphones being amped by an O2 I built. While the O2 greatly improved sound quality, I was looking for a DAC to further improve. Of the DACs under $50, my candidates are the Stoner Acoustics UD100, HifiMeDiy Sabre, and the Behringer UCA202. For the price range, what would be my best option? Thanks! 

What source(s) are you plugging the O2/DT770s into?

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Heya,

I'd probably grab the Sabre. Otherwise, a like-new or used Fiio E10 would be a nice option at that price point.

Very best,

Thanks for the recommendation! I will consider the E10. 

Quote:
What source(s) are you plugging the O2/DT770s into?

Sources are the onboard sound chip on my laptop and desktop. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Sources are the onboard sound chip on my laptop and desktop. 

Oh hey actually! I wanted to try one of these my self, so... maybe I ought to recommend it to you! 

Well Review'd by the oDac Guy... Iand for $30 It really seems like a good deal! I might try it when my new portable amp comes in my self! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back