Recommendation for Computer
Jan 19, 2019 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cudam

New Head-Fier
Hi. I want suggestions for my desktop computer. I have speaker. Edifier Luna Hd 2.0. And Blueodio Victory Headphone.

I would like to buy a usb dac or amp. My budget 50 - 150 $.

I don't know anything. I'm investigating, but my English bad. Therefore, I would like to receive advice from you. Can you guide me?

FX Audio X6
Topping D30
Topping MX3
SMSL AD18
FX Audio Tube 01

What is the difference between them? Which one is best for me? What is your advice?

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #3 of 7
Hello Cudam, I'm fairly new to the forums myself.

I suggest trying to edit your subject to something like, "Recommendation for DAC and amp for my computer. You will likely get more views and recommendations on your post.

Why are you looking for a DAC and amp for your computer? Is the volume too low listening from your computer's headphone jack? Or are you looking to upgrade the quality of the sound?

I personally haven't used any of the DACs or amps you listed above so I cannot comment on how they will work for you. You will need a DAC to process the digital audio signal coming through your USB cable. Some DACs include an amplifier, others require a separate amp.

Jan 21, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 7
Hello Cudam, I'm fairly new to the forums myself.

I suggest trying to edit your subject to something like, "Recommendation for DAC and amp for my computer. You will likely get more views and recommendations on your post.

Why are you looking for a DAC and amp for your computer? Is the volume too low listening from your computer's headphone jack? Or are you looking to upgrade the quality of the sound?

I personally haven't used any of the DACs or amps you listed above so I cannot comment on how they will work for you. You will need a DAC to process the digital audio signal coming through your USB cable. Some DACs include an amplifier, others require a separate amp.

Thank you so much Mephit.

I want upgrade quality and sound.

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 7
Both the speakers and the headphones seem to be bluetooth connected, which means they have their own built in DAC and amping.

I do not think there is any point with a separate budget DAC or amp.

If you want to improve sound quality, look into something wired instead.

Jan 22, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #7 of 7
Maybe try Schiit Modi? thats like $99 for brand new dac. used could be much cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back