Recommendation for an open cans sub $300 for gaming and music !!
Mar 19, 2015 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mvikred

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

After spending much time reading and going through multiple posts, I've decided to make use of the expertise available on this forum. 

I game on PS4 and mostly COD. Also I listen to a lot of music (currently using ATH-M50x, which works very well but not so much for gaming). I listen to all kinds of music - from Jazz to Extreme Metal to Prog rock to EDM. I do enjoy a U shaped frequency curve to my music. A little higher for the lower frequencies compared to the higher frequencies and prefer a flat mids. I love meaty kick drums (being a drummer, I almost always try to get the same sound when I play).

After going throu many reviews, I zeroed in on the following headphones 

1. DT 990 Pro 32/250 ohm
2. HiFiMan He-400
3. Sennheiser HD-650/600

It'll be really helpful if the collective wisdom of this forum can help me zero in on my first pair of open cans.

Cheers !!

Mar 20, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #2 of 4
I've never tried the first 2, but you might not be satisfied with the bass on the senns, They don't lack bass but they don't thump either. I would go with either your first or second choice. Also take a look at the Fidelio X1 (bassy) and X2 (more balanced) 

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 4
DT990 are really great for gaming and works well for your music preference but it does need an amp though.

If you don't wanna buy an amp take a look at Philips Fidelio X2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back