Recommendation for an amp with my setup?
Mar 19, 2009 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

FortisFlyer75

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I am a newbie on here and have been spending hours trudging through the thread's already and have even looked up the 37 top portable amp thread reviewed by Skylab and my question is the follwing, can someone based on my gear recommend which portable amp would be best?

I have a Cowon D2 16gb, Ipod Touch 2gen 32gb & Sony A818 with a pair of Shure E500's and Sennhieser IE8's for on the move and would also like to dust down my old Beyer Dynamic DT770's with a view to getting a piar of AKG 701/702's if a portable amp would be good enough to make them sound good?

I do have an ecclectic listening chioce of music but do primarily listen to a lot of Rock to Heavy rock/ metal, dance/club, pop, R&B, female vocal artist, Blues and OST's, so need something that will cover across the board sound wise!

I have so far after reading between the lines and got a thearitical shortlist based upon law of averages the best most popular reviews on here by current owner's, so please can anyone recommend the best from this crop on the above info i have supplied, so here are the possible amps i have in mind;

Ibasso D3 or D10
RSA - any of their models? (which ever is the best two from their stable?)
Larocco Audio Pocket Reference II mk 2
Graham Slee Voyager (despite the poor build finish)

And finally i have a soft spot for C&C XO+ if anyone knows if it sounds as good as it looks? (hoping is a yes!)

I have a budget of $400-450 max and am open to any other amp recommandations if you think one would suit my gear particularly well, bearing in mind i also want to get a pair of AKG 701's into the fold soon!

Welcome all thought's from you hardcore amp lover's as i will make an informed decision on which amp to go with as it is impossible to nip down to any store and try them all out like you would any other hi-fi gear.

Thank's in advance.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back