recommendation for amp or something to go between my laptop and d2000
Jan 18, 2008 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

busanblues

100+ Head-Fier
i am getting thinkpad t61 and i have d2000 as my headphone. Currently i do not have any amp. should i get amp or dac thing?? sorry
tongue.gif
. i have 200 to spend max. so help please!!

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #2 of 6
one more thing to add
i am planning to add darth beyer about 3 month later or any kind of woodie can. Just because it's so pretty. recommendation for both will be highly appreciated.
thanks

Jan 27, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 6
I suggest you get a DAC first or a DAC/Amp combination. Right now, I'm using an E-MU 0404 USB as my DAC and amp since it has both. The DAC section of the 0404 is excellent for the price, and the amp is decent. After you aggregate enough $$ you can upgrade to a better amp.

Jan 28, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #5 of 6
I just sold something that would have likely worked - and sounded - great. An HPDac, combo DAC and amp.

USB-powered & signal, it has a non-OS DAC and a pint-class amp built in. Sadly, no longer available to build new, but if you search the forums, you'll likely find some comments about it (including mine for sure).

A great and convenient unit that can drive many different phones, includign Senn 650's, AKG 701's, and more. I only sold because I upgraded to the $500 Pico.

Good luck, whatever you choose! If you decide to look atthis, I'd suggest a WTB thread in amp or source FS forums.

Jan 28, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #6 of 6
You should give it a try first. I listened to my D2000 with my laptop and it drove them just fine as they are easy cans to drive. If you are missing something and NEED an amp or external DAC then I would look for something that will fit your needs. Too many people buy things without judging their sonic needs first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back