Recommendation for Allrounded Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Aug 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ErhuMaster

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I am looking for a noise cancelling headphone that is all rounded, I listen to old english songs and KPOP, which do not usually feature heavy bass, so i am looking for an allrounded one with good treble. Please help me out!! Thanks beforehand!

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #4 of 11
Have a look at the Sony MDR-1R and UE600 (noise cancelling version).
The Sony is more mid-centric and will have a clear polite presentation overall.
The UE6000 has a more V-shaped 'fun' sound.

The Bose QC15 is the comfiest, lightest and has the best noise cancelling of the three, but the sound quality could be better for the money and is beaten easily by the other two.

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #6 of 11

The Bose QC15 is the comfiest, lightest and has the best noise cancelling of the three, but the sound quality could be better for the money and is beaten easily by the other two.
What about the ath anc9 or ath anc7b?

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
Quote:

What about the ath anc9 or ath anc7b?

Havn't heard either of them.
Still havn't seen either in real life. I was even on a famous electronics street in London yesterday and didn't see them... but the standards there are dropping.
But I do know that neither of them are regularly (if ever) recommended on headfi.

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #8 of 11
AKG K480NC --- $190 on amazon right now. I've had the K840 and K490 and for some reason I keep going back to the 480's. Has a more natural sound signature, while the 490's tone seems off balance. AKG's in general are pretty well-rounded if you're looking for that (I just picked up a pair of K550's the otherday)

Whatever you do, don't go Bose (sound sucks for the money), unless you REALLY need noise cancelling, in which I'd rather recommend a pair of passive IEM's like etymotics or shures.

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #10 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back