Recommendation for a Suitable Headset(Headphone + Mic) for Gaming
Mar 24, 2010 at 2:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Junliang

500+ Head-Fier
As per topic, this thread is about finding a gaming headset, which means a headphone, with attached mic.
Please do not post something like "oh please, a headphone + external mic would be a much better choice" as I really do not wish to get that kind of setup, as I play lots of multiplayer games, and i voice chat alot.
I do know that the ad700, dt880 are good choices for gaming, but the point about them not having attached mic puts me off.
Of course, it is always possible to mod a mic onto it, but preferably, I do not wish to do that if can.

So yes, throw in your recommendations
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 6
A Senn PC350 may work, maybe you can find a place that let you listen to them first before you buy. I dont know any other headsets off the top of my head that are worth it since you dont wanna go the headphone + clip on mic route. Tho I dont know if you can find it in your country.

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 6
The Senn PC350 are absolute garbage. Even my PC151 beats it in quality. Look elsewhere. =/

On that note, I would highly recommend you just 'mod' a mic on. You'll get better quality, and 20x better price-vs-value. I know it's a little bit of an odd route, but it really seems to be the best.

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 6
do you want stereo, 5.1 or 7.1?
I already voiced my opinion on surround sound headsets in this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/be...eadset-472143/

I have the carcharias right now and I wouldn't recommend them. There really aren't many good choices sound quality wise in headsets (where mic is attached). I can't speak for the logitech g35, razer megaladons or senn pc350s because I've never heard them.

EDIT:
My recommendation would be to not spend a lot of money on them if you are only going to be using them for games and voice chat. If you just want a simple stereo headset with mic you can get a cheap one for ~$20 like these:
Newegg.com - PLANTRONICS .Audio 355 3.5mm Circumaural Stereo Headset

With the rest of your budget you can then buy some actually decent headphones for music. You'd probably be better off that way instead of trying to buy an all-in-one for everything and being disappointed with the sound quality for the money you spent.

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #5 of 6
I actually have a similar use of my pc headset and I've always liked the sennheiser pc151 or pc161.

They are very comfortable and the mic is decent. I've tried a lot of pc headsets and I haven't found a more comfortable or better sounding alternative.

(You should note however, that I'm a head-fi noob and my experience with high-end headphones is very limited, so I can't make any comparisons.)

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:23 AM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back