Recommendation for a DAP <200$
Jan 12, 2015 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JyNadaril

New Head-Fier
Hi! sorry if this is a recurring topic, but I was curious on a recommendation for my case. 

My sansa clip+ rockbox just died and was looking to buy something else that might be more reliable but not too expensive. I was using my Beyerdynamic dt1350 headphones with a Fiio E11 to drive it. Was wondering what DAP I should look for that would drive the dt1350s without the need of an amp possibly. I was considering the Fiio x3 or the IBasso DX50 but was wondering which would be best, or if something else would fit with the headphones better at the price range.

DJ

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 4
  Hi! sorry if this is a recurring topic, but I was curious on a recommendation for my case. 

My sansa clip+ rockbox just died and was looking to buy something else that might be more reliable but not too expensive. I was using my Beyerdynamic dt1350 headphones with a Fiio E11 to drive it. Was wondering what DAP I should look for that would drive the dt1350s without the need of an amp possibly. I was considering the Fiio x3 or the IBasso DX50 but was wondering which would be best, or if something else would fit with the headphones better at the price range.

DJ

From what I've read, under 200 bucks the X3 and DX50 are the ones to beat. I spent a long time reading comparisons before pulling the trigger on the DX50. Touch screen, adequate UI, and LO are big factors. 

From what I've read though comparing against the X3, the DX50 is a bit cleaner, a bit more neutral, has a larger soundstage, and a bit better separation. 

The build quality is awesome though and from the LO I'm getting amazing sound; much cleaner than my 2011 MBP headphone out to the same amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back