Recommendation for a "budget" IEM.
Jun 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Faythae

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, first post here so bear with me.

I'm in the market for a new pair of IEMs and having bought several...every time i get dissapointed. First of all, i'm upgrading from a pair of Sony  MDR - EX 10 which i bought for 20 dollars i think a while back. Since then i bought a Seinheisser HD 428 headset...and found the sound to be quite "boring", mostly the bass. I also bought several other cheap IEM, mostly in the 30-50 dollars range and every single time i would come back to my Sonys.

After doing quite a bit of research here i narowed it down to a couple IEM's that looks nice to me, but i'd like expert advice from you guys so i don't throw my money for nothing.

I listen to a vast array of musical genres btw, mostly dubstep, dance and some old school rock, and often watch movies/games on my mobile devices.

Heres my top choices so far:

-Shure Se 215
-Klipsch Image s4
-Steel Series Flux Pro (gaming IEMs...i know)

I'm open to suggestions of course and have a budget of around 100$ but could go up to 150$ if really needed.

Thank you for helping me make a sound choice, i'm very tired of wasting money on ****ty buds.

Jun 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #5 of 6
I bought my brand new IE8s a couple of weeks ago for $120 and that was here in the UK where things are far more expensive than they are in the US. I'd guess you can find a set for $100 where you are.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back