Recommendation::: Eccentric, and very specific criterion
Jan 22, 2007 at 1:32 PM Post #16 of 17
alright. I just thought you guys would've thought of that already. seeing as it's our hearing we're talking about. and noise levels will be important in every topic

I've been to lots of CPU heatsink/fan review/article sites, and they almost always provide the standard noise grading
"at 3 feet away, you cannot hear the whirring of the fan. but you can hear the echo tunnel a bit" or something like that

I know its a lot more complicated when it comes to headphones, but it will also make it that much easier for people to compare, doesnt it?

about the jackhammer thing. did you really think it was a serious example in a serious question? hehehe. It was just there to show the extremes

anyway, my option now is:

K81DJ for home use, and hopefully, still be good enough at isolation when I'm commuting
then, if I think it's good enough at isolation, get an amp, or a good soundcard in the near future

if its not enough at isolation, i will get an IEM that's great at isolation, while balancing the price and sound quality, for commuting

Jan 22, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by KinesongPayaso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alright. I just thought you guys would've thought of that already. seeing as it's our hearing we're talking about. and noise levels will be important in every topic

I've been to lots of CPU heatsink/fan review/article sites, and they almost always provide the standard noise grading
"at 3 feet away, you cannot hear the whirring of the fan. but you can hear the echo tunnel a bit" or something like that

I know its a lot more complicated when it comes to headphones, but it will also make it that much easier for people to compare, doesnt it?

about the jackhammer thing. did you really think it was a serious example in a serious question? hehehe. It was just there to show the extremes

anyway, my option now is:

K81DJ for home use, and hopefully, still be good enough at isolation when I'm commuting
then, if I think it's good enough at isolation, get an amp, or a good soundcard in the near future

if its not enough at isolation, i will get an IEM that's great at isolation, while balancing the price and sound quality, for commuting

sounds like a good choice
cool.gif

K81DJs sound very good for the money you spend on them. They can basically take out any sub$100 IEMs in SQ. But I can tell you right now that true IEMs (not canalphones ) isolate more than any normal closed headphones(excluding some extreme isolating ones for industrial use). But ya, try the K81DJs, if they don't isolate good enough, get some IEMs for commuting.

BTW, K81DJ's don't really need amping, they are already very efficient, amp will only improve the sound by a small margin IMO, but YMMV of course lol.

Be warned though, that if you wear glasses you might find them very uncomfy, there are already many threads and posts discussing this and you can search them up if that concerns you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back