Recommendation closed back over ear headphone max 150 euro
Jul 8, 2016 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Lazzari

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a headphone that's very comfortable, good sounding, for mobile use without an amp and a removable cable. What do you suggest? I was thinking about the creative aurvana live 2

Thanks
Lucas

Jul 8, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 8
Not sure off hand, but perhaps this list might help: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-ear-pad-sealed

Jul 8, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #3 of 8
And for the "around ear" closed headphones: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-full-size-sealed

Of those, I recommend the AKG K550: really good sound stage, really really comfortable, nice detail, nice bass, good separation, and all this in a closed headphones. I really high recommend it. Should be available from amazon.de at a price near your maximum (i.e., it's 170 euro, not 150).

Jul 8, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for your reply! Just came across the v-moda models. Is the akg k550 better sounding than the vmoda lp2?

If you're going to get V-moda, don't get the Crossfade LP2, pay a bit more and get the M100; it has better bass extension and less weird dips in the frequency response. The root of the issue is that you haven't listed what kind of sound signature you're after, which makes recommending a headphone hard since we don't know what you consider "good sound", which is highly subjective. Also, the AKG K550 doesn't have a removable cable.

Jul 9, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #6 of 8

Also, the AKG K550 doesn't have a removable cable.

Good point, I forgot about the removable cable requirement when I posted. AKG K550 indeed doesn't have a removable cable.

The V-Moda M100 is well reviewed, and something definitely on my own list of things to one day try. Currently priced at 230 dollars on for instance Amazon.

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #8 of 8
Focal Spirit One S headphones are just 126 euros on amazon.de/ amazon.it at the moment and worth consideration. All the Spirits (I have the Classic) especially the 'S' seem to be reduced in price now with the new Focal Listen being introduced.

Class headphones; nice warmish, natural but detailed sound, easy to drive and comfortable for those with smaller ears. Removable cable (slim 3.5mm connection)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back