Recommendation: <$100 Speakers for pc
Nov 28, 2017 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dwang040

Head-Fier
So, it's been some time now and I'm thinking about getting some speakers for my pc but I'm not sure what to get. I'd like to keep it sub $100. If you can find a better speaker for a cheaper price, or a much better price/performance, that would be nice.

I was originally looking at stuff like the bose companion and creative t20, review sites say positive things, however, on forums, I see a lot of comments regarding how "inaccurate" or how "unnatural" those speakers sounded. I then decided to look at bookshelf speakers because they appear to be a better value at this low price point.

Regarding bookshelf speakers, I read that you need an amp for those that don't have built in amps? I did just get the NuForce uDAC-3 from massdrop (Again, reviews look good, personal comments, not so much. Hopefully they work well for a budget solution). Will those be good enough to power bookshelf speakers? Sorry, I'm not the biggest audiophile nor am I very informed about this stuff. I just like listening to music and hearing small details.

Thanks for your input!

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 4
The uDAC3 is not a passive speaker amp and won't power bookshelves. I'd say stick to active speakers that plug into the wall and have a simple 3.5mm or rca connection to your headphone amp. Edifier makes good speakers so perhaps check them out on Amazon. I was going to buy their $100 model but saved up for the LSR 305 instead to future proof my setup

Nov 29, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for letting me know about the dac + speakers, I was wondering about passive and active speakers. Well, it makes sense, not gonna get much power from a USB port...

I'll definetly check out edifier. Just to double check, are you referring to the Edifier R1280T?

Nov 29, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for letting me know about the dac + speakers, I was wondering about passive and active speakers. Well, it makes sense, not gonna get much power from a USB port...

I'll definetly check out edifier. Just to double check, are you referring to the Edifier R1280T?
Yup that's them! Best speakers at $100 that I could find

Users who are viewing this thread

Back