[Recommendatio needed] Wireless closed back headphones, ANC no must
post-15837578
Post #1 of 4

Tony-S

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm searching for a pair of wireless over-ear headphones to use with my iPhone on the go. ANC is not on the list of must-have options, nice if they have it but no must.

Intend to use them when outside walking and also some indoor listening at home (probably 50/50). No commute, trains, airplanes (ok, that maybe once or twice a year) - so again: ANC is not on the top of my list.

Price range I'm shopping in would be ideally in the 150€ to 250€ bracket, but I'm willing to spend somewhat around 300€ for superior quality (sound & build).

So what did I read about and even check?

B&W PX7 - they get pretty great reviews, but top end of the price bracket and I'm paying for ANC which is no must, never heard them
Sennheiser M3 wireless - again, upper price range & ANC, I heard older Momentum modells - they sounded nice but I found the ear cups kinda small
Shure Aonic 50 - see what I wrote for the B&W
Beyer Lagoon - heard them, nice sounding, sound modification via app is cool, price would be closer to what I intend to spend; they look like all the other nc headphones which I find kinda meh
V-Modas - I found older modells to have pretty small ear cups, but the things are built like tanks and they sound good but are also on the pricier side (added question: which modell to get?)
Beats Studio 3 Wireless - mixes reviews at best (or were they improved?), work seamless with Apple devices, some models are pretty cheap in my market right now; never heard or touched a pair)
FiiO NH3 NC - they get pretty good reviews when used without ANC, but how do they compare to other wireless headphones without ANC?
AT ATH-M50x BT - I have a pair of wired M50s (no x), I like them, are they maybe the sweet spot here?

Lot of questions, could really need some help pointing me in the right direction....and of course: am I missing options?

Thanks
Andreas

post-15838024
Post #2 of 4

silent-circuit

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Sony should definitely be on that list.

post-15838233
Post #3 of 4

easo91

Head-Fier
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the momentum 2s, the momentum 3 ear pads are considerably bigger, but they really changed the tuning to have an even stronger bass emphasis. It’s not for everyone.

post-15839300
Post #4 of 4

Tony-S

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Sony should definitely be on that list.
Thanks - I always was under the impression that they sounded "ok" at best (while sounding better then the Boses) and being on-par with the Boses regarding NC. Have to look into these then too I guess also I'm not the biggest fan of the look. XM3 good enough or are the XM4s a big step up?

I had the same issue with the momentum 2s, the momentum 3 ear pads are considerably bigger, but they really changed the tuning to have an even stronger bass emphasis. It’s not for everyone.
Mmmmh - bigger ear-cups sounds good. But a too big bass emphasis is not my cup of tea. Can you put this into context? For example I'm happy with mi Fidelios X1s and also the X2 I recently purchased, they are fun. Is it similar to these regarding bass emphasis?

Thanks guys - any other recommendations are welcome :upside_down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)