Recommend UIEM without AMP for MP3 quality songs
Apr 18, 2015 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gancanjam

100+ Head-Fier
Have many older songs collections (to be precise 0-20 years old melody,dance Indian/Bollywood songs and not old classical/opera) which are in MP3 version with 128 KBPs to 260 KBPs quality and being non English ones they are not available in remastered versions like they do for  Eagles or Beatles songs. I listen to them usually while traveling so i am looking for a nice quality full sounding UIEM which can meet the folowing,

WHAT  I NEED,

1) Portable, easily drivable, forgiving on low quality recording Semi/Audiophile UIEM and preferably a non amp setup
2) Full, refined and rich sounding like say headphone and not thin sounding
3) Engaging listening so a slight V is preferable though not looking for piercing treble shrills or uncontrolled bass
4) Good Sub bass impact and smooth sparkly treble
5) Details and Sound stage

I am currently using Heir 3.ai and DX50/Sony walkman for my portable setup for these songs and they are pretty forgiving, exciting, detailed to get the job done but when i listen to even Full size Audeze EL8 ( this is not an IEM but just for comparison i stated)  which is relatively easily drivable then some songs sounded even worse than Heir 3.ai, so i am looking a decent UIEM which can achieve the above and seems just buying a great IEM will not serve the purpose as it can sound worse on recording/non amp setup

I am afraid to consider say JH, Earsonics etc. IEMs which could be picky about the source and can sound awful without an Amp or good recordings so going by reviews my guess is any of the following might suit me. So in short if i just use a DX50 player MP3 song and plugin to one of the following IEM, which would sound fine for above needs ?

1) IE800  
2) Dita Answer
3) LUF 4B/C
4) DUNU 1000/2000
5) JVC FX850
6) AKG 3003i

I know you can easily answer the above needs if i would have told you that it is for a setup with CIEM/heavy duty amp/HQ FLAC recording songs but my needs are specific so reaching out to you experts and hope you can help in giving me some pointers to recommend one UIEM from above list or recommend another one. Thanks for your time !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back