Recommend Two Pairs of Speakers
Jul 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Hunted Charlie

Head-Fier
I live at my parents' home right now and will be going to college next year, so I cannot modify my room at all for these speakers.

Source: MacBook or iPhone directly (if you think that won't work well for this level of speaker, let me know what else I should put in the signal path)

Music (quality ranges from 192kpbs CBR MP3 up to lossless):
Hip-Hop/Rap
Rock (more modern usually)
Electronica
Folk
Jazz (occasionally)

I'm looking for two pairs of speakers, one at around $600 or less and one at around $200 or less.  Form factor is flexible but I'd be very happy to have something I can put on/around my desk--it can't take up all of my space.  Budgets are flexible but if the combined total goes above $1200-ish I simply can't afford it.

Help me out?

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 6
Two different houses I want to put them in. 
smile_phones.gif

Jul 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 6
Passive or Powered speakers?

WWStereo has a 4th of July sale right now and you can get the Energy RC-10 for $237 shipped in US with a promo code. They are outstanding value at that price.

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm no speaker expert but I think I'd be looking at Powered since I'm just running out of a MacBook (no amp).  Also I won't have the money to buy with for another few weeks so I can't use a 4th of July sale, sadly.

Quote:
Passive or Powered speakers?

WWStereo has a 4th of July sale right now and you can get the Energy RC-10 for $237 shipped in US with a promo code. They are outstanding value at that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back