Recommend this newbie a setup.
Aug 21, 2004 at 6:30 PM Post #16 of 17
not sure how AUD relates to american, but for $290 you can get HD580s And ety ER6. Thats what I'd do. A good portable canal with tons of isolation and open cans for home. And the 580s are pretty enough to be worn in public as well. Or if like your current earbuds maybe some 280pros. Thatd leave you with more choice per situation, and I love the sen sound.

Aug 22, 2004 at 1:20 AM Post #17 of 17
What you really must do, bluntly and best medicine, is to get out and listen to (just a few) cans. This comes from years of sales experience.

There are "houses" of sound and you must be able to tell which one you like, so that you can communicate that desire to others who can guide you in your quest.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

Many people will seek others' advice and guidance but without knowing where you, the potential owner, wish to end up its all guesswork and personal opinions.

And that's the truth.

You mention Grado and Sennheiser in your intial thread as being of interest, yet they are on opposite ends of the "house" sound. Which one do you really like? We can't tell from here, only YOU can. I'm not asking you to listen to every model, one of each brand will do, say middle-level models which will usually present the house sound in its entirety.

If we recommend a Senn and you really like the Grado house you'll be just miserable - and poorer.

I've had this happen to me, all to many times. Not from your end, but from people who ask me for an opinion - on lots, I have the experience - but don't speak their own voice for guidance. Had that happen once on a big job - the last time I allowed it, especially after I vehemently told the guy to get involved, listen to some systems, and let me have feedback on which house he wanted - and because of it everything went to pure s#!t. Never again. I made him happy...by changing the system. So I was the one who was miserable.

Don't be unhappy, dude. Please, PLEASE experiment a bit and try out a few things before jumping in. You've got to make sure you like the pool before getting wet - otherwise you'll just drown. We want you happy. Tell us what you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back