Recommend Stereo Amp for AE Aegis Neo 2.1
Aug 16, 2011 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

meowis

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, ive done bought a nice 2.1 system and a 3.5mm jack to 2 RCA converter so that i can link it to my computer's soundcard. The only thing missing now is a Stereo Amplifier. I've ordered a cheap one from Hong Kong but im not sure if its optimal for my 2.1 in terms of sufficient powerz.

Any alternatives or am I on the right track ?

2.1 that i bought :

ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS NEO 1 SPEAKERS

ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS NEO SUBWOOFER

Small beefy Stereo Amp that i ordered :

[size=1.7em] Lepai TRIPATH TA2020 Class T Mini Amp Hi-Fi Stereo Audio Amplifier[/size]

Would really like to hear from you guys !

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 4
Well as an owner of both a Lepai TA2020 and a pair of 89dB efficient bookshelf speakers i would say that would do for near field listening or filling a small to medium room with audio. I would call the Lepai small/cute with sweet sound signature rather than beefy though 
tongue_smile.gif
 If you want to go lung busting loud and/or have future options for say 5.1/7.1 then look to hit a used AVR i guess 

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Well as an owner of both a Lepai TA2020 and a pair of 89dB efficient bookshelf speakers i would say that would do for near field listening or filling a small to medium room with audio. I would call the Lepai small/cute with sweet sound signature rather than beefy though 
tongue_smile.gif
 If you want to go lung busting loud and/or have future options for say 5.1/7.1 then look to hit a used AVR i guess 

My room is very small so i guess ill just wait for the Lepai to come ! Any recommendations for speaker/subwoofer platforms ? or are they not really necessary ?

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Well some with no need for very low freq in their genre of music do fine actually just on a decent pair of bookshelf speakers so that depends but if you aren't sure you could always hit a 2.0 set up 1st and decide if u need to fill the lower end freq hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back