Recommend please! New headphone user, please help me.
Nov 23, 2014 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rice67

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buying ONE pair of 'real' headphones compared to my Beats Studio, I know it was a bad decision but I didn't know better back then. 

My price range is nothing higher than $200, I will use it mainly at home or occasionally outdoor during car rides. Music style ranges from hip hop, rap, R&B, pop and etc... I have a more broad music genre style because i'm bilingual in Chinese(Cantonese & Mandarin)  and English 

I've heard of popular entry headphones such as audio technica m50 & M50x, Beyerdynamic DT770, 880, 990, custom one pros, Shure SRH400, sennheiser hd 518. 

I don't mind new headphones I've never heard it, please give me recommendations on why I should buy your prefered headphone.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 3
I take it you want something bassy. Well, for $200 the M50x's could suit you well. I'd sell the Beats and pick up an amp for the M50's so you could drive the bass more if that's your preference.

While there are differences between the Dt line up, the 80 Ohm version of the 770's seems to the best for bass heads into Dubstep and Electronica type music.

Try the Denon D1100's, they're clear and punchy. You should like them and cost is cheap.

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 3
I say if you don't notice any sonic distortions with your beats studios, there is no need to switch. yes, people hate on beats over here for being over-priced for their sound, but if you already bought it, it's not like you can get your money back.

If you do notice issues, then the m50x is a good value for the money. otherwise, don't sweat it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back