Recommend Player with AA and excellent sound!
Mar 8, 2007 at 11:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

AquaZX

New Head-Fier
I have IFP 890 which is very good player but it's joystick make problems..

Any recommend for new player with similar specs... Or one wich will show late this year..

Thanx!

Mar 9, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 7
iRiver T10 or Cowon iAudio G2/G3.

The Cowon looks plain, but people praise its sound (it uses a joystick, too, which might be good or bad for you). And you're already familiar with iRiver players, so the T10 might be good for you.

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 7
If you use the advanced search at dap.db you can search for AA batteries as a feature. I have the G3 and it is very nice. It is much smaller than the T10/T30. I've heard the FM isn't as good but I don't really use it.

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 7
I like my 2Gb G3 very much. Compared to T10, it has much better buttons layout, you don't even need to use the hold switch, which is not the case for T10. And I prefer G3's UI and overall looks more. IMHO, they both sound good.

Mar 9, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by bungle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

G3:: 2.52" x 1.77" x 0.67" == 3 cu in
T10: 3.40" x 1.60" x 1.20" == 6.5 cu in

Quite a difference, IMO.

Hehe, that's taking the maximum measurements of that weird 'bent-triangular-prism'-shape, though - the actual volume of the T10 is probably less than two thirds of that. Still, I agree, the G3 seems to have more efficient dimensions, there probably is quite a bit of wasted space in the T10.

I do like my T10, but it has its fair share of weaknesses. It is being touted as a kind of rugged sports player, but I feel it is actually a rather poor implementation of that idea. The strange headphone jack placement prevents good access to the play/pause/stop button; the navigation thingy is small, circular and provides no tactile indicators, making it very hard to control without looking at it. The rec and a-b buttons are easily pressed by accident. I'm not sure if that hook really serves any good purpose other than being different, my T10 dangled quite uncomfortably wherever I attached it. I tied a lanyard on mine so that it is easier to pull the player out of my pocket, but usually it gets stuck anyway, thanks to the headphone again. And the T10 is not even splashproof, much less waterproof.

The build quality is quite nice compared to many other players of that kind, though, it sounds good, is powerful, and the battery lasts forever even with a colour screen.

Björn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back