Recommend new Studio Monitors under $800?
Mar 27, 2024 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

PinkyPowers

Reviewer: The Headphone List
I'm currently using Emotiva Airmotiv 4s

These can buzz with the right amount of bass, and I'm thinking of upgrading. I can go bigger, but not ENORMOUS. I've posted a picture below to see the space I'm working with. The stands can be slide out a few more inches, to make room for slightly larger speakers.

I love the sound: Full, rich, and warm, but still detailed.

What are some recommendations? What's got everyone excited, these days?

Pinky's Desktop 04.jpg

Mar 27, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #2 of 3
under 800 i can definitely recommend the presonus eris e8 (tho, i have the older model with smaller waveguide and AB amplification) but today i would personally go for something else, the presonus are just useable with EQ imo (you need to tame high frequencys for relaxed listening...)

Hedd's Type 05 MKII or 07 MKII could be a bargain if you get them used, one of very few speakers with linear phase mode...

:)

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #3 of 3
under 800 i can definitely recommend the presonus eris e8 (tho, i have the older model with smaller waveguide and AB amplification) but today i would personally go for something else, the presonus are just useable with EQ imo (you need to tame high frequencys for relaxed listening...)

Hedd's Type 05 MKII or 07 MKII could be a bargain if you get them used, one of very few speakers with linear phase mode...

:)
Thanks, I'll look into these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back