Recommend new phone or DAP
Apr 14, 2016 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

konseki

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all

Im looking at a better DAP or better phone whichever complements.

In Singapore, Beats was very popular for a period. My sis HTC phone had beats and it sounded amazing. Is it worth it?

1A seems to bring out all the vocals but not to exact clarity unlike senn and audio technica. Is there something wrong with my ears? I must admit it is colourful.

I owned senn PX200ii closed cans was value for money but spoil quite easily. So I got pissed and found ATH ESW9 and it has been giving me good music ever since. Due to my rough usage the band needs to be repaired.
I had demo Ath~ES950 next gen which is esw990h.

For the DAP I own Sony a25 but sounds just not quite right with esw9. I on new dsee but still cant hear neutral musicality. Sounds amazing and clear vocals with esw990h.But my esw9 was used with Xiaomi mi4I all along and it was pretty fantastic and I was looking at something more. Clarity, better soundstage ,more depth more width ,more treble at low volume. I play soft rock n hip pop n rap. With A25 i must turn up tje vol to hear better clarity.

Well I personally liked fiiox1 but find the vocals not clear enough kind of muffed. Fiiox3 ii is amazingly clear but both the esw9.... headphones sound very soft not sure why. So I settled for Sony A25. Was kind of hasty decision.

Now wondering should I go test Sony zx100. But to me fiiox3ii and Sony zx100 sounds the same natural n transparent without any dsee effect etc. But Sony price is triple.

Sorry for being off track. But I need advice.

For phones as I love AT wood signature I'm saving to get E's990h. Do u think I should get it? For collection n it costs SGD 488. There is still esw9ltd at SGD 488 too.

Sony 1A worth it? Heat up quickly?

I can use my phones for 10 hours continually on a laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back