recommend my first set of cans for under 200
Mar 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rgieg

New Head-Fier
A little background. Im currently using iems and am a noob when it comes to headphones. I like listening to rock pop and dance music and i like to listen to it loud so based on reading around I should be getting some closed headphones since I will be using it mostly for my commute.  My wish list is that it sound good, little to none leakage cuz i dont want to bother other people and I like my music loud, detachable cable cuz i have a tendency to break them and fairly portable.

I have been looking at the beyerdynamic custom one but have seen mixed reviews on it.  Can anyone offer an alternative.  Thank you.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #2 of 5
I'm not sure why you would want a closed headphone over an IEM in this case. IEMs tend to be the best for commutes, since they give the best isolation. Not to mention that they're a lot easier to carry around.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #3 of 5
i heard some sony headphones at costco (xb800 i believe) and i was wow'ed by the sound so I wanted to try some headphones. plus i want to change it up with the iems sticking in my ear

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #4 of 5
Obligatory,

You shouldn't listen habitually at loud levels, it'll be bad for your hearing long term (you do want to be able to enjoy this hobby when you're older right?)

I gave a method to a friend that worked a little. Ween yourself off. Don't listen to any music for about a week (possibly more), and then start off at lower volumes. Also replay gain is always useful too so you don't have to keep adjusting your volume.

Just take it easy, Is all I'm saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back