Recommend me your favorite music!
Nov 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ZokharaFi

New Head-Fier
Hey, thank you for looking at my post. I am looking for good new music to listen to. Please recommend artists, albums, or songs. I am interested in all genre's of music, but mainly electronic music (any genre like house, dubstep, trance, etc.), Rock, and Hip-Hop.

Best regards,
ZokharaFi

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #2 of 14
Bump. Please recommend anything, i'd really like some new music to look into. Especially from any experienced audiophiles, like a list for testing systems, that would be really awesome.

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 14
I don't listen to most of the currently-popular forms of electronica like dubstep, EDM/EBM, etc, but if you want some real electronica I suggest going back to the 90s: http://www.ghostdeep.com/2010/03/top-100-albums-of-the-90s/

Most of the electronic artists from the 90s have well-produced albums, like Orbital, Future Sound of London, The Crystal Method, The Prodigy, Leftfield, Global Communication.

Trip-hop was big in the 90s as well, check out Massive Attack, Tricky, Portishead, Thievery Corporation, Zero 7, Air, Goldfrapp, Morcheeba.

If you're looking for "current" music I don't know of many artists, only a handful like Oneohtrix Point Never, Four Tet, Burial, Ott, and Pendulum.

Dec 12, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #5 of 14
Hey, thank you for looking at my post. I am looking for good new music to listen to. Please recommend artists, albums, or songs. I am interested in all genre's of music, but mainly electronic music (any genre like house, dubstep, trance, etc.), Rock, and Hip-Hop.

Best regards,
ZokharaFi
Disclosure, Calvin Harris, Snakehips, Gorgon City, Kaskade, Nujabes, Flume some of not so popular that what i can think of that i like, looking for similar music recommendations thread also

Dec 13, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #6 of 14
80s and early alternative. Disintegration by The Cure. Live concert at the rose bowl by depeche mode named 101. Best of The Cult. Ferment by Catherine Wheel.

Hope you like some of it!

Dec 13, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #7 of 14
Not sure what you may have heard but Apollo brown - sincerely Detroit
marlowe 1,2or 3
Tony Allen- there is no end
Roots manuva- run come save me
Left field - rhythm and stealth,
Massive attack - blue lines
Kojey radical
Kano- made in the manor.
Idles- brutalism
Rage against the machine - rage against the machine.

Some old, some newer but a few as a starter?

Dec 23, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #11 of 14
Check out ProgRock, which is my favorite: Tool, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, King Crimson, etc.

Dec 23, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #13 of 14
Japanese folk from the 70s
Check out the following: Rabi Nakayama, Hako Yamasaki, Doji Morita (don't listen to her songs if you're depressed), Yosui Inoue, Chikako Shiraki, Mai Yamane

City pop from the 80s:
Toshiki Kadomatsu, Mariya Takeuchi, Tatsuro Yamashita, Katsumi Horii Project, Kiyotaka Sugiyama

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #14 of 14
Doomsday by Choir Noir, Free Fall by The Overdressed Monkeys, Via by Voices from the Fuselage, Real by Unprocessed, Crow Fisher by Crimson Child, Learn to Fly by VALENTINE, Persona Non Grata by Whale Bones E.M.O.J.I.Q.U.E.E.N. by Shrezzers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back