Recommend me some trance/dubstep?
Sep 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

jackwess

fabio-fi, jackwess and formula1 are all the same person.
Hey people, 
Im just starting on both genres, can you recommend me some artists/albums? i like bassy stuff. 

Sep 6, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 20
Both of you should check out my long running Electronic thread. Tons of great links there.

To suggest a few...

BT (Epic Trance and my favorite producer) Give Emotional Technology and These Hopeful Machines a try.

Burial (Super chill DubStep. Quite a following around here)

Pendulum (Not either specified Genre, but usually a good start for rock fans)

Noisia (DubStep and DnB) Split the Atom is an amazing album

Flux Pavilion (DubStep) Probably my favorite 'wobbles' producer. A light in the dark for DubStep lately.

Chasing Shadows (DubStep) More brutal and intense than most wobbles stuff. A favorite.

PPK (Trance) One of the best Trance songs of all time from these guys. Resurrection

Tiesto (Trance) A have a lot of gripes with him but he has some solid releases.

Feed Me (House) Favorite artist on Mau5trap. Really great melodies from this one.
___
That's enough to get you started I think. Be sure to stop by the thread and ask some of the guys for more.

Will get a link in a second.

EDIT: http://www.head-fi.org/t/544388/electronic-music-exchange-house-dnb-dubstep-etc/945#post_7732693

Link to latest post. Check out the entire thread though. Guaranteed to please.

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #4 of 20
Trance is literally my life (check my profile lol). Best trance producers are Sean Tyas, John O'Callaghan, Simon Patterson, Trance Arts, Indecent Noise, Bryan Kearney, Arctic Moon, Aly & Fila......... 
A few of my mixes / live sets are in my signature as well.

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 20

Quote:
Trance is literally my life (check my profile lol). Best trance producers are Sean Tyas, John O'Callaghan, Simon Patterson, Trance Arts, Indecent Noise, Bryan Kearney, Arctic Moon, Aly & Fila......... 

JOC and Arctic Moon... love it all.

Here are some tracks I am listening to:

Super Nature -- Stoneface and Terminal
Skyline -- Andre Visior
Elements of Life -- Tiesto
Adagio -- Tiesto
Meich -- Sebastian Ingrosso (Swedish House Mafia)
One Perfect Sunrise -- Orbital
Sail -- Armin Van Buuren
The Fractal Universe -- Mat Zo (Amazing, but short track)
Everything to Me -- Ottaviani remix (Sly One)
Just for You -- Daniel Kandi
Only for You -- Arctic Moon remix (Romel)
Full Focus, extended mix -- Armin Van Buuren

Met and married my husband in Ibiza!

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 20
Unfortunately there aren't many good trance albums out there. The best are probably the 2 JOC albums. Tyas has an album coming out on his new label Tytanium soon. VERY excited about that, he's my favourite producer by a mile. The Aly & Fila album is so-so.
There are some brilliant compilations out there though, Indecent Noise Dark Sessions IV has just came out if you like your harder tech-trance / techno. He's an amazing Dj, played for my club night twice. 

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #7 of 20

Above & Beyond is still a favorite to be honest. Beautiful work. Mainstream, but great.

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #8 of 20
A&B were my favourite Dj's / producers for years. Got all the Anjunabeats compilations signed by them as well as numerous posters. Anjunabeats Volume 6 (disc 2) is my favourite comp ever.
They have gotten far too proggy and commercial now for my liking, i still haven't even bothered listening to their latest album all the way through. Their radio show Trance Around The World doesn't even play trance any more......

Quote:
Above & Beyond is still a favorite to be honest. Beautiful work. Mainstream, but great.

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #9 of 20
A&B were my favourite Dj's / producers for years. Got all the Anjunabeats compilations signed by them as well as numerous posters. Anjunabeats Volume 6 (disc 2) is my favourite comp ever.
They have gotten far too proggy and commercial now for my liking, i still haven't even bothered listening to their latest album all the way through. Their radio show Trance Around The World doesn't even play trance any more......

I'd still call BT my favorite Trance producer (though he Doesn't just do Trance). The man is brilliant. Not a single song I didn't enjoy in some way.

I haven't listened to much new by A&B. Guess I should stick with my golden oldies.

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #10 of 20
BT is a legend. His live shows are fantastic as well, very different.
The last good thing A&B done was the Oceanlab - Sirens of the Sea Album. Although it's carried mainly by Justine Suissa's voice. Not a patch on the old Oceanlab tracks - Satellite (Original A&B mix) Sky Falls Down (AVB Remix), Beautiful Together (Signum Remix) & Clear Blue Water (Ferry Corsten Remix) all modern classics. They were definitely the kings of vocal trance. I'd say the past 4 or 5 times i've seen them live i've been VERY disappointed!

Quote:
I'd still call BT my favorite Trance producer (though he Doesn't just do Trance). The man is brilliant. Not a single song I didn't enjoy in some way.

I haven't listened to much new by A&B. Guess I should stick with my golden oldies.

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #11 of 20
Sep 6, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #12 of 20
Dubstep can be either way - the deathcore stuff like skrillex or borgore or more chill stuff like Mt Eden and bassnectar, but anyways these are all good and are a mix of techno and dub with a bit or techy-pop stuff :p enjoy!
Borgore - Relaxation dub, Nympho {epic lyrics} and sleepyhead remix
Skrillex - First of the year/ equinox, with your friends long drive, reptile, disco bus rangers, hey sexy lady (remix), rock that body (remix), scary monsters and nice sprites, cinema {epic remix! i know its loads of songs but this guys a god!}
Flight of the conchords - Too many dicks (overwerk remix) {sick tune}
Deadmau5 - Strobe, Brazil, I remember, the 16th hour, faxing brazil, right this second
Flux pavillion - Louder (remix), cracks (remix), bass cannon, got 2 know,
Roksonix - hide & seek {one of the best remixes of all time}, voscillate, 2 bad
guru josh project - infinity 2008 (klass vocal mix)
the ian carey project - get shakey
Mt. eden dubstep - hide & seek, sierra leone, silence, still alive { all of these are just amazing. period.}
LMAO - party rock anthem (arion dubstep mix)
Bassnectar - Magical world (remix), bass head
Chrispy - rude boy, inspector gadget
Rusko - Woo bass
Benga - 26 basslines, night,crunked up
Tiesto - Zero 76, traffic, adiagio for strings, dance 4 life, escape me, urban train
example - kickstarts (dubstep mix, can't remember who)
Sean baker ft maloy - Power (sebastian wolter mix)
Daft punk - technologic, around the world, harder better faster stronger, one more time
David guetta - gettin over you, sexy chick
Trolley snatcha  - ginger pubes
basshunter - bass creator, walk on water
Armin van buuren - in & out of love
Dj ephixia - song of storms remix {yes, its zelda but unbelievably good}
Dj mangoo - eurodancer
Dr P - sweet shop, big boss

Hope you like these :) and of course your not gonna like everything, but i hope it helps!

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #13 of 20
For the dubstep i will definitly recommend Bassnectar, for me he produces the best dubstep around here IMHO

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #14 of 20
BT is a legend. His live shows are fantastic as well, very different.
The last good thing A&B done was the Oceanlab - Sirens of the Sea Album. Although it's carried mainly by Justine Suissa's voice. Not a patch on the old Oceanlab tracks - Satellite (Original A&B mix) Sky Falls Down (AVB Remix), Beautiful Together (Signum Remix) & Clear Blue Water (Ferry Corsten Remix) all modern classics. They were definitely the kings of vocal trance. I'd say the past 4 or 5 times i've seen them live i've been VERY disappointed!

One of my favorites is the OceanLab releases. Clear Blue Water being my favorite. Amazing track.

For the dubstep i will definitly recommend Bassnectar, for me he produces the best dubstep around here IMHO

Agreed that he's one of the best. He's been really coming through. Especially his Lights remix. Dear god.

Sep 13, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #15 of 20
Wow...lots of interesting recommendations. Thanks guys, i've been busy lately but i will check every track you recommended. 

Cheers!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back