Recommend me some over the ear headphones
Mar 7, 2008 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pickwick

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a pair of somewhat cheap over the ear headphones to use with my iPod. I am thinking right now of a pair of Grados or maybe px100s but I am open to more suggestions. I do not want to use an amp with them and I would prefer a mini jack connection. What is the best Grado with a mini jack? I know the sr225 has a 1/4 jack but what about the sr125? Thanks.

Mar 7, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 5
SR60/80 without an amp, SR60 might have the edge there as well. How about the Koss KSC75? They are over the ear, just without the headband.

Mar 7, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 5
There are 3 excellent choices for your situation.
PX 100 (own them - love them - under 50 dollars)
Porta Pro's (owned them years ago - look strange but sound really good for their price - under 50 dollars)
KSC 75's (own them - these things are great considering they can be found for around 20 dollars - try to find model without inline volume control)

Mar 8, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #5 of 5
I want something with a band that goes over my head, not clip ons. I also want them to be on top of me ears, not over my ears. They should also work well with my iPod. Are SR60s the best Grados if I will be using them with my iPod? I think I am leaning towards them if that is the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back