Recommend me some Headphones For my new digital piano and some other things
May 3, 2009 at 7:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Kawai_man

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone this is my first post,

Ive been wanting to buy some headphones for some time now and now that I got my digital piano its time to buy them, Id like to spend 60-80 or less so id like to hear mainly recommendations in that price range, ill also consider recommendations for ones up to 100, I prefer they be open back because I want to be able to hear outside. They also have to sound good without an amp since I dont want to have to use one.

Ill be using them for:

playing with my digital piano
guitar multi-fx pedal
Watching movies on laptop

thanks

May 3, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 8
ad700 or hd555.... both great cans for your purpose. the 555s will end up bassier and muddier after burn in while the ad700 will be wider sounding and cleaner but less bassy. I personally would choose the ad700. Ive had both and just compared them recently

May 4, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #5 of 8
Honestly, if this is all you're using them for, koss ksc75's are more than enough. They won't be really full in the extreme lowest regions of the grand piano range, but nothing will until you go way out of this price range and add an amp. Another phone to look into is the humble Sennheiser HD201. It's closed, but not sealed and you can relatively easily hear outside noises.

May 4, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #6 of 8
his budget is up to 100 though. Ive tried the px100 and my 555s connected to my yamaha keyboard and the px100(which are similar to portapros) is utter crap in comparison so I would definitely spring for the ad700s or 555s

May 4, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 8
The Grado SR60i is also a pretty good headphone for this purpose in this price range. I'ts not great with action movies that have lots of explosions and the like, but its very good for most dialog based movies. I'll also second the Audio Technica ATH AD700 recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back