Recommend me some grindcore.
Aug 31, 2007 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

n4k33n

100+ Head-Fier
I'm digging agorophobic nosebleed, but I need some more stuff like this. Suggestions?

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #2 of 14
genghis tron, pig destroyer, napalm death, repulsion, bolt thrower, carcass, godflesh

may not be extremely similar to agorophobic nosebleed, but good grind. not a huge fan of the genre, but those are the bands that i can listen to enjoyably. godflesh is my favorite out of those, but probably more industrial than grind

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 14
Not a big fan of grind either, but I love ****** the Facts and Discordance Axis.

edit: ******... I'm Dead is another fun grind band. Not particularly good, but fun.

Aug 31, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #5 of 14
I'm not that familiar with the newer stuff, but if you want classic old-school grindcore:

Terrorizer: World Downfall
Repulsion: Horrified
Siege: Drop Dead
S.O.B (any record)
Napalm Death: anything before Harmony Corruption (Utopia Banished is great as well)
Unseen Terror: The peel Sessions
Extreme Noise Terror : Retrobution; The peel Sessions; Damage 381
Carcass: Reek of Putrefaction; Symphonies of Sickness

Sep 1, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #10 of 14
if you were to choose one i'd say look no further than pig destroyer's "prowler in the yard". my favorite grind album hands down.

discordance axis is rad too, i like "jouhou" the best

genghis tron isn't your typical 'grind' band but "dead mountain mouth" is an awesome album; their incorporation of synths and drum machines make it a very pleasurable headphone experience
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #12 of 14
Clotted Symmetric Sexual Organ or C.S.S.O!!!

think they are awesome

copy pasta from last.fm

Quote:

Clotted Symmetric Sexual Organ or C.S.S.O.are an experimental and progressive grind band from Japan. Combining elements of rock, jazz, pop, grindcore, manga themes and countless other genre's and styles to create an indescribable canvas of trippy, harsh and psychotic sound. Always stepping outside the lines of what's expected from your typical "grind" band, C.S.S.O.stand as one of the single most innovative groups in extreme music. C.S.S.O.is defunct as of 2001.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back