Recommend me some Earphones please
Aug 10, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #16 of 22
Take a look at the thread about Atrio earphone IEM.

These will make a very nice addition to your M5L, as Cowon does really delivers quality EQ.

Check it out. They are professional IEM and it shows!!

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #18 of 22
Goldring GX200s or V-moda Vibes are two options that are available in your price range. There's a large thread about the Vibes here; but the GX200s are relatively new, so opinions are thin on the ground at the moment.

If you don't need IEMs/canal phones and are happy to use regular earbuds, then the Yuin PK2s might be worth looking into.

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #19 of 22
Yeah just enjoy them. If you ever feel that it's time for an improvement...the mod will always be there. Regardless of which one you get, they'll sound good to you I'm sure. goodluck on your purchase.

Aug 11, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #20 of 22
In the short term, I would consider the bargain-priced Creative EP630's while getting used to my player (I use them almost daily in my office environment), and then saving up for -- and researching on Head-Fi, of course -- my first "real" upgrade several months down the road. Then you'll have an inexpensive set of Creatives to use as a back-up or "beater" pair.

While you seem used to Sonys, some Sony earphones have had a miserable track record with the material used to coat the cords (maybe it's just with the cheapest ones, I don't know) ... if you get Sonys, try to be sure your model is OK when it comes to that.

Aug 13, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #21 of 22
I have the Sony EX90's on order, I wont get to try them til Sat though as they are a birthday present from my girlfriend.

I'll let you guys know my verdict on them.

Thanks for your advice and help, hopefully I will be happy and enjoy many hours of listening.

Regards

Nick

Aug 20, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #22 of 22
Hi guys, I got my EX90's on Saturday, didnt really get the chance to give them a proper listen til today and have been very happy with them.

Tonight I tried the cling film mod, not sure I have done it all that well but it deffinatley seems like I have more bass now.

Im still not sure about trimming the little mesh part off to do the other mod. Think I will leave that one for now and just enjoy them as they are.

Thanks

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back