Recommend me some earbuds
Apr 15, 2004 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kelesh

100+ Head-Fier
I have shure e2c's right now. I use them with my iPod mini, often for running. The problem is that they are a pain in the butt to insert(squeezing the foamies, plus they get dirty and need replacing). The cord is also annoying because it has to go behind my head. In addition, the cord is a bit too long, and the earbuds always seem like they're about to fall out or aren't in as tight as they were when i first inserted them. This stuff really bugs me.

What are some earbuds that don't have any of these problems? I'm looking for equal or greater sound quality of course. Comfort and ease of insertion are important, and bang for the buck also makes me happy(hence the e2c purchase in the first place). I'll probably sell my e2c's and upgrade within the next week. Suggestions?

Apr 15, 2004 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 12
i'm satisfied with their sound, since its just for portable use. i'll read up on the ex71 mod.

I still really want some new earbud suggestions though.

Apr 15, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #4 of 12
eh, apparently the mod makes the e2c's less secure and more likely to fall out. since this was already a problem for me, i don't know if this is a great idea.

this also doesn't really solve the long cable or cable to the back of the head problems
frown.gif

Suggestions for new earbuds?

Apr 15, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #5 of 12
I recommend the ER4P with the 4P to 4S adapter. This past week I have been working on a computer sitting in the middle of a whole bunch of lab equipment running. If I was listening to any earbuds other than the ER4, I would have turned up the volume so loud that my hearing would have been permanently damaged!

Apr 17, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #7 of 12
how much would that cost me? i might just try the ex71 mod, and if that doesn't work then i'll get some E4's

Apr 17, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 12
I can't promise that the Sony tips will stay in your ears well while running, but they sure are pretty damn comfortable, IMO. They are also very easy to insert. I am afraid that they may not stay in as well as you would like them to, though. But I've never used them with E2's, and I sure as hell don't run, so I don't know...

Apr 17, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #9 of 12
eh, i'll try them out, and if they don't work its no big deal, i'll just sell my e2c's and buy ER-4P's.

May 10, 2004 at 4:23 PM Post #10 of 12
i ordered the small size from the online sony replacement center, but they only sent me 1 tip. it turned out to be a little too small, so getting just one tip was fine
smily_headphones1.gif

I ordered a pair of medium ex71 tips from audiocubes.com. hopefully they are the right size. the ex71 tip's rubber is MUCH thinner than the e2c tip's.

May 10, 2004 at 4:42 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
The MX500 are the best earbuds that I have ever heard. I have a pair and they are pretty cheap at least than $20.

I can't stand to wear ear canal phones since they are too painful to have in my ears for anything more than a few seconds.

i have a pair of the mx500's and they sound like crap. they are horrible. they may be comfortable, but they are not secure since they don't go in your ear at all. My shure e2c's blow them out of the water in terms of secureness and sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back