Recommend me some closed back headphones.
Nov 13, 2017 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

doginabag

New Head-Fier
I'm in the market for some new headphones, mainly for use on the train/in the office so need to be closed back.

Not got a big budget, ideally I would like to keep it <£100 ($130) if possible, however.........

Amazon currently have senheiser momentum 2's on sale for £130 ($170) which is a pretty good saving and I recall quite liking the first version when they first came out, though I understand they lack detail a little.

To give an idea of my tastes, I remember listening to a few AKG sets a few years ago when I was last in the market for some cans and found them to be too far the other way, detailed to the point of being clinical and boring.

Music wise, awkwardly I listen to pretty much everything, jazz, edm, hip hop, vocal.

Shops with a good range of headphones, particularly out for demo are pretty few and far between here so I will have to go hunting. So some suggestions readily available in the UK would be good to get me started.

Thanks.

Nov 14, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #2 of 5
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Sony mdr-1a as an alternative to the momentum's? what I have seen they look interesting but nowhere seems to have any available on demo.

I went down to John Lewis on Oxford Street today, they always used to have a reasonable selection on display. But they seem to have gone downhill, completely overrun with Bose and half the sets on display have missing cables or missing ear pads, complete waste of time.
I'm tempted to just wait till black Friday and take a punt on anything that looks like a good offer.

Nov 18, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #4 of 5
I personally chose the Meze 99C.

Nov 18, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #5 of 5
Amazon currently have senheiser momentum 2's on sale for £130 ($170) which is a pretty good saving and I recall quite liking the first version when they first came out, though I understand they lack detail a little.
To give an idea of my tastes, I remember listening to a few AKG sets a few years ago when I was last in the market for some cans and found them to be too far the other way, detailed to the point of being clinical and boring.
Music wise, awkwardly I listen to pretty much everything, jazz, edm, hip hop, vocal.

https://www.amazon.com/Focal-Listen...8&qid=1511023694&sr=8-2&keywords=Focal+Listen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back